viv choosing help

Status
Not open for further replies.

H3RB

ok so my dragon is currently in a 30"x12"x15" tank but obviously in a few months he is going to be too big for it so ive been looking at a few vivs and wondered which you guys think would be best.
here they are:
http://www.aquapet.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=1_11&products_id=62
its the smaller of the 2 but has a lot of ventilation so thats quite good also i think the tank is quite good looking.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/GEKO-GX48-4Ft-48-Vivarium-Reptile-Lizard-Snake_W0QQitemZ260407346873QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Pet_Supplies_Reptiles_Spiders_Insects?hash=item260407346873&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1686|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1308|301%3A1|293%3A1|294%3A50
thats the larger of the 2 at 4ft but the ventilation doesnt look as good but being wood i m pretty sure it would be easy enough to make some more vents etc.

i have about a 5ft gap to fill in my front room where it can go but no bigger really so any others you guys have or use? i dont have the experience to build my own atm

Ethelia

Extreme Poster
Personally I prefere using wooden vivs. It means the dragons only have one window so they can feel private in their territory, but can look out if they please.
Lots of glass also means lots of reflections which can aggrivate some dragons.
I am a complete DIY-a-phobe but Ive managed to install lighting and ventillation myself in two wooden vivs without issue.

Also asthetically I much prefere the look of wooden vivs. Big glass ones are a big statement, whereas nice wooden ones can be encorperated into nearly every room which is good for the long term.

Glass wise though you can use alot of standard lizard furnature like hammocks or platforms with sucker cups. They dont stick onto wood so you always have to do a bit of altering if you want something suspended.

Just my input ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EternalAzhrei
Top Bottom