Vitamins and Calcium.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jharveyjr54

Hatchling Member
Just a couple of quick questions. I thought I had read a post on "Recommended" vitamins and calcium supplements for the Beardie I'm about to buy, but (I've used the search option) now I cant seem to find it. So what are the recommended brands? Calcium is 5x per week and vitamins 2x? Or Vice Versa? Also, according to the care sheet that's posted, ALL the feeders should be dusted with vitamins at least once a week?

Brieana

Hatchling Member
I think the most commonly used brand of powder is rep-cal. But I've also heard good things about Repti Calcium by Zoo Med.
Basically people suggest you dust food with calcium every weekday and vitamin powder on weekends.

ashleyelsha

Juvie Member
I dust with calcium for two days, multivitamin on the 3rd day, then calcium for 2 days, and on and on. I have both the calcium with D3 and calcium without D3. I use the one with D3 every day unless I get him out in the sunlight for a while, then I use the one without D3. I have a flourescent strip UVB and from what I've read they still need D3 supplements with that.

mommisgurl

Juvie Member
I use the Repcal calcium with d3,and also the herptivite from them too. Never had any problems :)
Mondays and Fridays are my vitamin days,every other day (tues,weds,thurs,sat,sun) are the calcium days. Make sure you dust only one feeding a day with either one :)

jharveyjr54

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Awesome. I ordered both those(The Rep-Cal Calcium with D3 and the Herptivite), and I already have my UVB light up and running. I figured it wouldn't kill me to monitor temps and play with the lighting and the timer a bit before this weekend before I get my baby. Might have to wait till early next week, seems some of my stuff might not arrive till Tuesday. That might give me time to get my digital timer though that I can set from day to day. I heard it was a good idea to let them warm up for an hour or so before their first feeding, and although I only work 4 days a week, 2 days I go in at 5, and 2 days I go in at 7. Sorry, I'm a rambler.

mommisgurl

Juvie Member
That's great.! I'm glad to hear you want to actually set things up before you get the baby. Smart choice :blob8: Not enough people do it.!
And yes your right about the hour. It allows them to properly warm up,then you can stuff em full :)

Once you get the new arrival,the whole schedule will work itself out once you get the hang of things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FalkorBeardie :3
Top Bottom