vitamin powders, which do you use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mirthy

Sub-Adult Member
I am sure there is a thread on this but I can't find it. Which vitamin powders do you prefer?
Is there anything to be cautious of? So many commercial products seem to be lacking in one way or another so I thought I'd take my question to the board. :D

MissT

BD.org Addict
Repcal herptivite is the best available from what I am aware... the rest usually contain some form of vitamin A which can be dangerous so you need to use a vitamin powder that contains beta carotene instead :D

Mirthy

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Thanks MissT and MrWhite for such speedy responses :D
I appreciate it. I really want everything just right for my little guy. (still calling him a guy but that just about guarantees a little girl doesn't it? hehe)

MissT

BD.org Addict
Haha, I spent months calling Kazi a little girl... I dont even know why! When he hit about 5 months I suddenly thought 'I really should check that she is a she' and of course, she was a he!!!!

Mirthy

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Kazi works nicely either way, though. Norris could have a Mr or Mrs tagged on the front. My husband had me rolling last night by offering to rename him (her) Rex, first name Nervous. In honor of the whole week long 'Food is Scary' incident. Yesterday, he ate 16 crickets though, new record so food is no longer scary and is safely crunchy again. I can see us at the vet introducing little Nervous Rex and explaining the he (she) is named after us. :p

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
RepCal Herptivite
pPETS-3757137t400.jpg

Per the schedule on http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
MissT, what are the issues involved in the beautifuldragons dusting schedule. If is inaccurate or has a risk of any adverse effects, then please share so I can stop recommending it and using it myself. Lets not hijack this thread though so please pm me. :wink:

Mirthy

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
This thread is all about Vitamins and info about them for a newbie so please don't feel like that sort of information won't be welcome.
And if you don't feel comfortable posting it then please PM me as well :D

I had to do a little marathon of pet stores before I found one with the rep cal in stock. They all sold it and all were sold out. That gave me a chance to look at a lot of babies...Some how I still manage to only own one beardie. It was tough, I can't lie. Very tough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heidib715
Top Bottom