Vitamin A and D shots from the Vet

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Hey guys my Amber just laid her 3rd clutch this year last night and on Friday the emergency vet discussed vitamin shots. He said it's up to me but she looked to be in great health and he wasn't worried about it. Sadly at that moment/day she had NO eggs yet 3 days later I felt them and she had them yesterday.

Is this a good idea? Should I get the shots or just keep her vitamin D up through greens and feeders with calcium powder. She is a tad bit back to her normal self I just worry due to how much energy time and calcium it took out of her (28 eggs). I could make a appointment with my personal vet and see if it is needed or not.

Just looking for advice it'll cost a pretty penny but it's all worth it for her I didn't even know they had vitamin shots honestly.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Personally i think vets push alot of stuff for repeat business. I would give her extra calcium for a bit (maybe liquid) and extra vitamin supplements for a bit. Laying eggs is something they have been doing naturally for as long as there has been beardies and they have survived without us for this long 🙂

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Personally i think vets push alot of stuff for repeat business. I would give her extra calcium for a bit (maybe liquid) and extra vitamin supplements for a bit. Laying eggs is something they have been doing naturally for as long as there has been beardies and they have survived without us for this long 🙂
He said it wouldn't be necessary but it was a option and that she looks in good shape otherwise.

I been slacking a bit on vitamins but have upped her calcium intake with bugs and greens. Sometimes it's difficult to coat bugs with both calcium D3 powder and herptivite vitamin powder. Wonder if it'd be possible to do 2 separate feedings and coat each feeding with calcium and then vitamins separately.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
I use a deli cup that superworms came in, i mix the calcium and vitamin powder together and apply it that way. I get a pretty good coating like that.

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I use a deli cup that superworms came in, i mix the calcium and vitamin powder together and apply it that way. I get a pretty good coating like that.
I did a splash of calcium D3 and a little of the herptivite sometimes I forget that the feeders shouldn't be coated so much.

Sometimes all you need is a slight coating and not enough that they turn into white crickets 😆. All I know is she is munching her greens and bugs like crazy but then again she did just lay 28 eggs. It takes a toll and I always worry about it but I'm trying to replenish everything she lost.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
It's good her appetite is strong, it shouldn't take long to get her back to normal levels

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quantum
Top Bottom