Vi's Thread- She is hanging in there! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pixall

Sub-Adult Member
Yup. I know I have been MIA on this forum for a bit...

Two days ago we picked a Royal Python at Petco. They were on sale, and this little girl was so skinny and pathetic we decided she needed rescue. I know it wasn't rescue, but for her it was.. The *****s at the petco had five Royals in a ten gallon sized enclosure. They fed three of the snakes F/T adult mice, one got live, and our new little girl was getting F/T fuzzies... one a week. :angry5: :banghead: :angry5: :banghead:

so yeah, I was told she is a good feeder. And they "couldn't figure out why she was so skinny" :dontknow: :dontknow: People are so dumb it astounds me sometimes...

Anyway, we have her set up in a ten gallon for now with a reptitherm, reptibark substrate, a dog dish with a cut out for a combo water dish/hide, and an oatmeal box for a second hide. Her tank is very much jerryrigged right now. After a month or two(after quarantine) we are going to get her in a proper tank. For now she at least has all her needs met.

On Wednesday it will be a week and I will offer her a large weaner f/t mouse. If she takes it I'll offer a second one.

Pixall

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
The girl's name is now Vi, and she has taken two meals so far! WOOOOO! I am so happy. She refused her feed this past Wednesday, but her eyes look a bit cloudy so I'm not too worried. She will only take live at this point, but I figure as long as she is eating that is fine. Once she puts on weight I will work on switching her "back" to F/T.

She has taken an 18 day mouse, and a 25 day mouse. We are slooooowly working her up to the size prey she should be getting. :)

But as long as she is eating there is hope, and we are very hopeful for her future. I really think she will fill back out for us and be happy and healthy.

Next time I have a bit of cash it will be off to the vet for a fecal test.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Welchy2000
Top Bottom