Victory and Gratitude!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to thank you all for all your help getting Nessie's new digs set up. Like so many other newbies, I was at the mercy of Pet SHop Stores and got soooo much wrong. Luckily, I have a tendency to go straight to the internet with anything new to learn all I can. WIsh I had done it before we got Nessie, it would have been a much cheaper mistake. But... in a little over a week I think we made it all better with all the help I got here from individuals as well as the countless posts I read hour upon hour.

Nessie now has a 40 gallon breeder tank with non-adhesive shelf paper as the substrate. It has various things for her to explore on and play on. THanks to Twobeardieguy AWESOME lessons on how to make a UVB fixture and lid, I was able to find a strip fixture and set it up to run off a cord. I managed to get a 2 bulb one so I can put my Reptisun 10.0 in one fixture place and put a daylight tube in the other for more light. I also have a lamp with a spot heat light in it. Of course I can check it all with my Temp gun. I have a folding screen top on my tank so I used UV tape that Twobeardieguy suggested to line the box with for a hood, and instead put it on the inside of half my tank cover as well as a strip behind the bulbs on the fixture to concentrate them UVBs to my baby. The fixture is attached to the inside of my tank on the screen top.

I got my vitamins, my calcium and my worms arrive tomorrow (Phoenix) so I can stop feeding crickets. I do believe we are doing ok for now. Next step... building a new habitat but since she is only a baby, not yet. I do plan on making her a hammock though. Any reason she can't have a fur one to snuggle in?

Happy Happy Dragon Mom!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
syafiqmust
Top Bottom