Vet is recommends Repashy Powder/Gel Foods - Opinions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Romicron

Had a vet checkup today (some parasite concerns). In discussions with the vet, she recommended trying out the following two products.

https://www.store.repashy.com/by-product-name-en/grub-pie-reptile-en/

https://www.store.repashy.com/veggie-burger-4-oz-bag.html

On the plus side, this particular clinic not only specializes in exotic pet care, they have an insane amount of good reviews (4.9/5 on FB with nearly 100 reviews).

However, I learned that they do sell the products themselves (through independent checking - they didn't push the product).

Has anyone had any experience with these foods?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yeah those are good options. I've used Repashy supplements (calcium and vitamin) for years and recommend that brand highly.

Romicron

Original Poster
Great - she was recommending it as a potential staple food, though - can it be used as such? If I followed through with what she recommended, I was considering swapping either 1x/day crickets and 1x/day gel replacement, or do crickets one day and gel the next.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I suppose it could be, if the situation warrants it. If your dragon is eating on their own I would stick with live bugs and fresh veges to ensure plenty of variety in the diet and to keep sharp at least a minimum level of hunting instinct.

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
My guy won't have the veggi burger and I haven't tried grub pie. Repashy is respected for their gecko meal replacements so I don't have a problem including it in the diet and would use it instead of something fatty like supers if that's all I had access to. Crunchy bugs are good for the teeth as well as enrichment of hunting like Cooper mentioned. If it gets them eating salads better might be worth considering

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
The GrubPie is one of the very few commercial foods that can be used as staple daily food.

Live insects are of cause going to be better (especially BSF maggots, silkworms, crickets and roaches) and the crickets and roaches will help with dental health too and provide some fibre.

I know of a guy who lives in NZ who has been forced to use BugPie as his beardie's (ONLY INSECT) protein source because crickets are extremely hard to get and can cost over $1NZ each !!!

Romicron

Original Poster
I picked up a small bottle from the pet store today. I'm going to try using it as a treat option in lieu of worms and other things he's too small to eat at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulesD
Top Bottom