vet costs

HIIII little update on ms peanut! she still has the dark mark on her back/side? i was able to get her a vet visit for tomorrow! so the check up itself is $80 —but does anyone know what they might want to do? i heard somewhere that they might do a skin graft to test for an infection? does anyone know what that would cost? i just want to be prepared as i don’t have very much spending money but like also i’m willing to pay whatever she needs 😃Thread 'possible fungal infection???'

Pancake151

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Cookie, Waffles
I couldn’t get the thread to open, so I’m not sure about her situation. Could you repost the image here?

userr038521055

Original Poster

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    241.5 KB · Views: 54

Pancake151

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Cookie, Waffles
It does look a bit off- I can see a bit of a weird colour pattern, with the white appearing on the spot. Has your dragon had anything like lethargy, loss of appetite or just general cold- like symptoms? How long has it been there, and what is their cage like? What UVB do you use as well?

Pancake151

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Cookie, Waffles
Also, is it possible that it’s a burn? It looks quite similar to a burn. Have you used any heat rocks with them? What is their basking spot like, how hot does it get?

userr038521055

Original Poster
Also, is it possible that it’s a burn? It looks quite similar to a burn. Have you used any heat rocks with them? What is their basking spot like, how hot does it get?
i did have her on a heat rock for about a month!! the pet store employees told me it was ok i should’ve done my research🥲 her basking spot right now i use a 100w ceramic heat emitter, i ordered her a uvb waiting for it to come. i live in the desert so for the summer i was just spending a lot of time with her outside in the sun—also to reply to your other message she hasn’t been lethargic or anything- if anything she doesn’t like running around if she’s not with me but she’s been like that ever since i got her in june. the spot started i’d say somewhere around september and grew bigger. i have noticed she has stress marks more often but my house can also get loud so i’m not sure if it’s just the noise.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
i did have her on a heat rock for about a month!! the pet store employees told me it was ok i should’ve done my research🥲 her basking spot right now i use a 100w ceramic heat emitter, i ordered her a uvb waiting for it to come. i live in the desert so for the summer i was just spending a lot of time with her outside in the sun—also to reply to your other message she hasn’t been lethargic or anything- if anything she doesn’t like running around if she’s not with me but she’s been like that ever since i got her in june. the spot started i’d say somewhere around september and grew bigger. i have noticed she has stress marks more often but my house can also get loud so i’m not sure if it’s just the noise.
She needs a solid bright white basking bulb --- a CHE is not appropriate for a basking bulb --- shes not getting any UVA --- not sure if the noise in the house will cause stress marks -- cats dogs will --- but if shes got stress marks improper lighting will cause that --- please get a basking bulb you can get Flukers bulb Flukers Basking Bulb Incandescent Reptile Light
you can also check your pet stores to see if they carry them --- the heat rock would not cause the burn to be in the position of where it is - it looks like its on her side --

userr038521055

Original Poster
She needs a solid bright white basking bulb --- a CHE is not appropriate for a basking bulb --- shes not getting any UVA --- not sure if the noise in the house will cause stress marks -- cats dogs will --- but if shes got stress marks improper lighting will cause that --- please get a basking bulb you can get Flukers bulb Flukers Basking Bulb Incandescent Reptile Light
you can also check your pet stores to see if they carry them --- the heat rock would not cause the burn to be in the position of where it is - it looks like its on her side --
i ordered one! should be here by tomorrow. i looked it up and it said that noise can cause stress i’m not sure if it was 100% accurate because it was just google. also yes that’s my concern is if it is actually a burn or if it could be a fungal infection or something of the sort

Pancake151

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Cookie, Waffles
So what kind of UVB are you using for her? I’m not too sure what the spot could be, but hopefully the vet might be able to tell and solve it. Karrieree is right, a ceramic isn’t the best option for a basking source. A bulb should be the best for her.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
i ordered one! should be here by tomorrow. i looked it up and it said that noise can cause stress i’m not sure if it was 100% accurate because it was just google. also yes that’s my concern is if it is actually a burn or if it could be a fungal infection or something of the sort
You ordered the basking bulb? Please make sure you have a digital probe thermometer place on the spot where she sits for basking and get the surface basking temp--- its best to have a good reptile vet take a look if its a fungal issue they will need to prescribe some meds to take care of it - they will need to do a scraping to see what exactly the fungal is --- ask them what the cost will be --- they should go over that w/ you before the do the testing or scraping--

hdochow

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Sir Henry of Scales
we've only ever had to go in for routine check ups, so i don't know what else the would do. for the check up the exam was $95 and then two different fecal parasite tests that were $25 each.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
we've only ever had to go in for routine check ups, so i don't know what else the would do. for the check up the exam was $95 and then two different fecal parasite tests that were $25 each.
So what is the office call? Mine are $75 then what ever else is done- blood work and x rays are all different priced- fecals are $35 where I live- this is a reputable reptile vet-- she's listed on the www.arav.org

hdochow

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Sir Henry of Scales
i assume that is the $95. they have it listed as a "consultation" on the invoice. (same price for Taela the parakeet, although the fecals are $25 and $45 for him. plus he's a butthead and won't let us trim his nails so that's $19.) this is at Avian & Exotic in Portland, Oregon. bout a 2 hour drive one way. both Lisa Harrenstien and Paul Gibbons from there are listed on the vet search, but Paul is the one that sees the boys.
1666315531169.jpg

1666315452498.jpg

Staff online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom