Very strange, very concerning. Now With PICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I'm glad that he's never been on any other meds, I'm just trying to cover all bases. Since he is about 2 yrs old, he should be getting calcium WITHOUT D3, 2 to 3 days a wk and vitamins 1 day a wk.

If the Astro yogurt contains dairy, that's not good, it needs to be soy because beardies can't digest dairy. Stonyfield makes a soy yogurt that comes in fruit flavors like peach, blueberry, etc, you might want to see if you can get one of those for him.

Creamy urates are fine, you don't want them hard like chalk or rubbery. Sounds like he is hydrated well. :D If they are yellow instead of white, then it would mean that he is getting too much calcium.

Regarding the 10" of the Megaray to your beardie, that is really too close. I really would recommend that you move it further away at a distance of at least 15 inches. The temp of 110 that you're getting right now is kinda high for an adults, that temp is perfect for a baby though. If it is moved further away which drops the temps a little, he will more than likely bask even more which will help him digest better.

He sounds like such a sweet guy. :p Can you post some pics of him?

Sorry Barb, we posted at the same time. Actually, if you look at the liquidy part, you can see a little bit of red too though.

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Regarding the 10" of the Megaray to your beardie, that is really too close. I really would recommend that you move it further away at a distance of at least 15 inches. The temp of 110 that you're getting right now is kinda high for an adults, that temp is perfect for a baby though. If it is moved further away which drops the temps a little, he will more than likely bask even more which will help him digest better.
That's what I'm leaning at too...

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
:wink: I'm also thinking that the calcium with D3 is a little too much for him when using a MVB, what's your thought on that Barb?

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Keep in mind also that adults do not require the added D3 as younger beardies do...even if you aren't using a MVB. So with that being said I think so too. I'm thinking overdose of D3 between the MVB distance and the added D3.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
We're on the same page Barbara. 8) And a fecal check certainly wouldn't hurt either.

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Yeppers we are on the same page. An I have to agree about the fecal as there's something about it that looks abnormal to me and it's not just the red it's the little whitish/light colored specks/spots. Sorry I'm a sicko :lol: I disect beardie poop all the time if it looks odd to me. :bleick:

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
I also wanted to add for Browneyes that the Reptaid isn't a fixall it has a place in which it is a great helper in maintaining health in your beardies by boosting their immune system at the right time. However bloody stools or D3 overdose isn't something that it would help much with...in my opinion. Keep in mind I'm one that has used this product an I keep it on hand for emergencies...but it isn't the best choice for everything.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
fresnowitte":2jjyf4f0 said:
Yeppers we are on the same page. An I have to agree about the fecal as there's something about it that looks abnormal to me and it's not just the red it's the little whitish/light colored specks/spots. Sorry I'm a sicko :lol: I disect beardie poop all the time if it looks odd to me. :bleick:
I thought the whitish specks looked strange too. So, you dissect your beardie poop Barb, we all know you are a "sicko" (referring to you classification on this forum) LOL

fresnowitte":2jjyf4f0 said:
I also wanted to add for Browneyes that the Reptaid isn't a fixall it has a place in which it is a great helper in maintaining health in your beardies by boosting their immune system at the right time. However bloody stools or D3 overdose isn't something that it would help much with...in my opinion. Keep in mind I'm one that has used this product an I keep it on hand for emergencies...but it isn't the best choice for everything.
I am very glad that you posted that info about the Reptaid, you are right, it isn't a fix all and in these instances especially, doesn't seem like it would help. A vet appt or at least a fecal check would be the best way to go.

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Yeah my family thinks I'm beyond sicko... :lol: However you an I both know that a beardies poop and eyes are the first signs of problems and can tell you alot about what is going on with our beardies. So yes I disect poops on a regular basis. :puke:

I agree about the vet...especially due to the blood I would personally want a diagnosis. And yes the specks I have to question about :roll: I at first thought it might be substrate until you asked what substrate. I'd go for a fecal just if nothing else peace of mind process of elemination.

Bottom line raise MVB, drop D3, and get a fecal done. :wink:

BrownEyes187

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Ive stopped giving him any supplement until i figure out whats going on.
The moment i leave the house is when he decides to vomit everything he had to eat today...Im at my witts end. What am i to bring to get tested if he doesnt digest anything to excrete?? Can they do fecals on urates???

now he is sucking in his beard so much its caving in in the middle...Something tells me reptaid just wont be here in time.
Now hes dry heaving every now and then.

2ufad1v.jpg

BrownEyes187

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
im just cleaning out his mouth...theres still bits of food in there...there is an odour coming from his mouth...im assuming its what the acid in his tummy smells like...his tank smells of it too... :cry:

I dont know what to say...A few days ago he was the picture of health. Today hes on his death bed..im at a loss for words. Hes just lying down with his mouth slightly open..I gave him another soak and he excreted more urates...made sure he got some drops of water in his mouth to help him drink...Please pray for him.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Something is definitely going on by the looks of him. Did you only feed him baby food as I suggested? I wouldn't feed him any more solid foods until his stomach straightens out. What did he eat today? Were you able to get any soy yogurt or any other probiotic? Do you know of a herp vet near you?

It's also possible that he has an infection. How is his breathing? Had he drank a lot of water lately that he might have aspirated on?

TASTIGER

Extreme Poster
iv been watching this post and i really think that he needs to get to a vet as soon as possible. is he making "clicking noises" when he breaths. could it be that he did aspirated water and now and a respritory infection is setting in? my beardie started throwing up and laying there with her mouth open and it turned out to be a URI

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I totally agree, the signs you're seeing now need to be handled asap. Beardies are very good at masking sickness and when they have a darkened beard, are vomiting, have blood in their stool, etc, you need to act quickly. When I saw the picture you posted, it proved to me that he needs to get checked out. I'm not sure where you live, but you should be able to find a vet in your area by looking here, just look up your state. http://www.herpvetconnection.com/

BrownEyes187

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
fluids are now seeping out of brians mouth...his is not mobile...and does not move...not very responsive at all...He'll be gone in a few min. His medication was just shipped today...much too late.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rootie
Top Bottom