Very Small Beardie

Status
Not open for further replies.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Welcome to this site & the world of beardies :wave: :wave:

You've never mentioned what type of UVB light you're using. I'm not sure where you live, in the USA it's easy to order a Reptisun 10.0 tube, it's the best tube. It's not expensive online, petmountain.com has them for inexpensive, also Lightyourreptile.com. I use power suns, they're mercury vapour bulbs & they last longer than the Reptisun, but you have to get a dome to screw them into & a lampstand to hold them up, gets expensive. The Reptisun screws into a flourescent holder. It's VERY important that beardies get the right type of UVB, it can cause serious illness if not under the right type. So let us know what you have. For basking you can use any household bright white light. The temps sound good, my beardies don't like to be more than 95F (I have four adult males).

As for eating, as mentioned repti-worms, also called phoenix worms or calci worms are great feeders. They're also full of calcium. Crickets if they're not longer than the space between your beardie's eyes & make sure they're gutloaded (fed) and you can feed them the greens you feed your beardie. Check this site for a long list of beardie food, good & bad @ www.beautifuldragons.com, I've been using this list since I got my first beardie in 2006. And yes, he's too little to eat supers.

I'm so glad you found him, he needs fattening up & he doesn't look as old as the previous owner said. I'd say more like 9 mo old, so he should grow longer for you.

And also I use newspaper, it's easily found, really easy to change & my beardies have no problems with it. I've been using newspaper for 4 years now. Or as mentioned shelf liner, tiles, there are many solid substrates you can use. Just please get rid of the sand. Dragons lick all the time, to check their surroundings, when they lick this type of sand it clumps in their stomachs & can make them very sick. I used to use it the first year I had a beardie until I found this site & realized how bad it is for beardies.

Hope all this information is helping you, once you get your set up right, your beardie will flourish. :D :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeathLizard
Top Bottom