Very sick girl can anyone help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday she seemed just fine ate about 30 crickets went to the bathroom as regular and color was fine. This morning she was yellowish and was laying on the cool side of her tank in a giant pile of diarrhea. We took out and gave her a long bath to clean her up and try and hydrate her. She went back to her basking light and now is laying on her cool completely on her stomach in diarrhea again. A lot of it. She never lays like this and I have never seen her color like this. The only thing I can think of is my wife put calcium on the crickets but that as not bothered her before. Any suggestions would be great.

DragonMomSandy

Gray-bearded Member
I'm not sure what could be causing this, but wanted to bump you towards the top to try and get some help from some of the others. There are a number of things that can cause diarhea, parasites for one, but that seems like a huge amount. I would give the vet a call as soon as you can, and keep her hydrated as diarhea can dehydrate them badly making things worse. Try hand feeding a little pedialite (clear) with a syringe, little drops on her snout to get her licking. The electorlytes will help some with hydration, as well an continueing to bathe her frequently. Keep us posted

Jiffy

BD.org Addict
Can you give us some info on your beardie and your setup? What are your temps? What type of uv bulb do you have? What type of substrate do you have?
How old is your beardie?

fishmaster0

Original Poster
My girl is about a year old. The temps are 103 in her basking area and about 83-85 in the cool area. The substrate is tile. I can't remember what the bulbs are to be honest but I know I got the suggestions from here for what bulbs to get. She has always been active and happy but today she doesn't want to move and just keeps lying around and pooping. Hopefully this helps. I hope the crickets from petSmart didn't get her sick.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It does sound like it's possible that she ate some bad crickets, have there been many die offs?

fishmaster0

Original Poster
We don't give her crickets all the time maybe me buy about 50 or 60 every other week and yesterday she ate about 25. There was and are no dead crickets in the the cricket keeper.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Oh your poor girl. How is she doing this evening?
I highly recommend pedialyte, as Diane suggested, to help with hydration. How late in the evening did you feed them, did she have ample time to digest after she ate?
What type of thermometer are you using, a stick on type or a digital probe?
Was there any blood in the stool?

Tracie

fishmaster0

Original Poster
So Last night we gave her another bath to clean her up and help hydrate her. She was still looking yellow and not really active. But this morning when she woke up her color seemed to be back normal. She hasn't eaten yet but I think she is feeling better. To answer your question Tracie, there was no blood in her stool and I use a digital probe for the temp. She ate maybe around 3pm and we turn her lights off between 8:30pm-9:00pm so I think she would have good time.

DragonMomSandy

Gray-bearded Member
Hopefully whatever caused the tummy issue has resolved itself, bad crickets could be the culprit, it's possible. Did she eat today after she warmed up? How about some veggies? If she doesn't eat, you can continue to give her a little pedialyte to keep up the hydration along with the baths. The electrolites will help balance out her system. Keep us posted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trishreyhui
Top Bottom