Very sick dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I agree, 10 grams of weight loss isn't much so I wouldn't worry about that.
I am thinking also that he just wants to be resting right now. They can get moody when they
are trying to brumate so definitely let him rest awhile & his stress levels should go down. I
always check on ours every few days but don't always give water as often. Usually weekly is
good if they are healthy, to give water or offer it.

Tracie

Ozziesmom7917

Original Poster
Hi everyone...update on Ozzie... he's been pretty much sleeping but woke up today and was walking around so I tried to feed him...he ran away and got angry. I decided to bathe him and clean his house while he was awake. He got really angry...started puffing up and turned all black. When I put him back in his house, he stood up tall on his front legs and puffed up his beard and belly for a really long time. His breathing still sounds normal but his left nostril keeps getting clogged with a white substance I can soften and wipe away with a qtip. He's lost another 6 grams. He also had a small, hard poop and two pee sacks in the tub. He hasn't eaten for about three weeks. The poop seemed normal and didn't smell extra bad.
100812-1043837849.jpg

Beardeddtagonlover

Hatchling Member
hi Ozzie is the white film on hes eyes from the picture?he must be a moody beardie to turn all black like that does he stays black like that or does it go away?

Ozziesmom7917

Original Poster
His eyes are closed in this picture. His beard goes back to normal and he rarely got a black beard before all the vet visits...he hates me now and goes black as soon as I pick him up. I'm concerned that he seems hungry but runs away from food!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Poor Ozzie and you . :( I know it's really hard to decide what to do since his traumatic vet visit. If he's calm while sleeping it's best to just let him be. His body needs rest. Don't be obsessive about weighing him, all my dragons lost weight when they brumated, it can be very normal and it's not a lot of weight at all.

Beardeddtagonlover

Hatchling Member
I Agree is best to let him brumate after this stressfully phase,I'm going through the second thing my beardie had a stressfull 6 weeks of antibiotics and force feed that now he is brumating as well but never showed a black beard.so I guess when beardies go through a stressfull phase some will want to brumate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quantum
Top Bottom