Very Sick Beardie!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My 4 month old female bearded dragon is very lethargic and keeps her head down for most of the day. Some of her arm scales have been bleeding a tiny bit. The her handsand the lower half of her arm are swollen and she is flicking/jerking both arms. I am currently feeding her baby food becaue she will not eat feeders or vegetables. Her scales have become very dark and have been falling off one by one in certain places instead of shedding all the way. The skin under is soft and squishy and dark. Some of the lighter parts of her skin are yellow and are about to shed but are taking a long time. Her scales just seem very weird and abnormal. Help would be greatly appreciated.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Like SD said, a vet , but find a good reptile vet.A regular dog + cat vet will not help much and you]ll spend money for nothing. Call around to see if a vet in your area has experience with beardies. I read the post you have further down, your poor girl has been sick for a while. :( Can you post pics of her wounds now ? It sounds like it might be fungal...yellow fungus can be deadly and if it is, her prognosis is not good. It also sounds like possible MBD [ metabolic bone disease ] if she can't move well and is jerking her arms.

Zinnia1027

Original Poster
My parents will not let me bring her to a vet because they say a visit plus the medicine she will get costs more than we bought her for. I got her to eat some mealworms and crickets today so thats a good sign and she is a lot more active now. First, it was only the scales on the base of her tail that were weird but it's spread to her back, legs and arms. The only not "infected" parts are her head, the lower part of her tail, and the upper part of her left arm. I will post pictures tomorrow asap.

Blankenship24

Hatchling Member
I'm sorry to hear that your parents won't let you take her to a vet. It sounds like that is what she really needs. Good luck with your beardie. I hope she will be okay.

SDragon

Juvie Member
That's an utterly shameful attitude from your parents. It's a living creature, that they will happily see suffer just because it wasn't expensive. It's not the same as deciding to get the TV fixed or replace it.

Please post photos, as there may be some suggestions to help, but it sounds very serious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smallfry_Zoey
Top Bottom