Very sick and limp adult! Please help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

amesk

Original Poster
KarrieRee":2rkr8zc3 said:
You mentioned way back your uvb is a tube Reptisun is it a T 5 or T 8 and where in the tank is it?
It is closer to the warmer side. I believe it is a T8.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Please check - is it inside the tank? And the fixture has the clear plastic cover off? How old is the bulb?

amesk

Original Poster
It is. the plastic cover is off and bulb is about 2ish months old.
We have had the same setup for 4 years and she has been great and perfectly healthy. She suddenly got sick in January so I do not think the setup is the problem.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Ok I was checking- T 8's and T 5's have different placement and distances--- T 8's need to be inside the tank w/ a distance of 6-8 inches directly above the basking decor-- T 5's 12-15 inches directly above the basking decor-- if she's only getting partial uvb instead of full uvb would cause this behavior

amesk

Original Poster
Yeah, she is getting the proper UVB exposure with her T 8. Thank you for checking on it! I am just so stumped on what to do next.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is your girl doing tonight?
To confirm, you are using the Reptisun 10 T8 tube & it is mounted on top of your screen,
or underneath of the screen?
Have you been able to get any food into her, either with the slurry mixtures or insects?

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom