very sad warning pics are graphic and sad

Status
Not open for further replies.

HYPORollo

Juvie Member
ok it very hard for me to write this so please bare with me as you all know i rescue dragons and bring them back from certin death as i have done a few times already well this time i have rescued a dragon that has become the worse case ive ever seen this dragon i rescued came from a bd.org member who had her on here for free and was giving her away cause they were moving and couldnt keep her she is six years old and he has had her all her life ok now for the bad stuff she was given to me in the most horrid condition ever her tail was basicly dieing and looked like they tried to cut it off and stopped she is very thin as i was told she stopped eating and worse of all is her complete body fungus the previous owner said he would take her outside to bask in a pool that was filled with algae so the dragon was said to have a green tint to her NOT THE CASE AT ALL she is black all over from the algae her tail is awfull and she cant walk at all she doesnt move what so ever because she is so malnourished her body has started to break down the muscles in her back legs she is so thin she is stuck in the pancake position he told me she stopped eating but she has ate everything i put next to her mouth she is so weak when she tries to eat her head shakes so bad she can barley swallow i noticed all this when i got home as i drove 3 hours there and 3 hours back to meet him in a parking lot next to the inerstate on his way to his new home and it was dark he gave me a cage and bunch of stuff that i had to pull over and throw out cause it all stunk so bad we couldnt take it he gave me roaches and that bin was full of moths and a huge mound of dead and decaing roaches rotten boxs and card board it smelled like stank old pee i wouldnt feed a wild animal any of these roaches they are awfull just looks like it was never opend and taken care of much like all the stuff that came with this dragon it was all very dirty and smelly and just unusable this dragon looks like they just stopped caring for it and stopped feeding it he said she stopped eating but i dont beleive this to be true i own a feeder business so i have silkworms,hornworms and roaches that ive been giving her and she eats everyone i put down and all the greens ive given her like she is starving and its so sad to see her eat as she struggles and shakes to just put her head down and pick up things with her tounge ive been feeding her keeping her warm covering her cage every night so she doesnt get cold and today the wife and i came home to see she had moved the most since she been here she moved her self directly under the basking light just using her front legs to drag her weakend body across the tank and in doing so she broke her tail off which was a shock and so sad my wife couldnt stop crying which is what she did for the first two days we had her she doesnt seem to be in pain what so ever so we are glad to see that everyday she fights to stay alive and we fight just as hard to keep her alive and give her what she needs to win this battleit has been hard for me to do all this as im moving in the next couple days and im in a legal battle with a landlord that i was going to rent from and he stole $2700 from us and now refuses to give it back even though he had no reason to take our money since we didnt qualify threw the hoa cause of our dogs so alot has been going on and then i get this poor animal in such horrible conditions life has been hard for the wife and i but we couldnt imagine what this poor baby went through all of her six years of life im sure there is alot more to write but im way to stressed out to think right now any questions please ask and i will tell and now here are some of the pictures now i warn you some are very hard to look at please proceed with caution its bad but i want you all to see the truth and see what i have on my hands and what people can do he thought all this was just fine like he did a great job raising her again please these pics are bad
DSC01181.jpg
this is her in a tank he gave her to me in pics are right when i got her home
DSC01184.jpg
pic of her tail see where its cut almost at the base of her tail and the rest is dead and dry
DSC01195.jpg
this pic is where we found her after she broke her tail
DSC01194.jpg
her tail after it was broke off
DSC01193.jpg
the inside of the roach bin see the pile of dead roaches all at the bottom
DSC01192.jpg
before i saw what was at the bottom
DSC01190.jpg
top shot of roach bin see the rotten boxes it smelled so bad and i did this out side and still puked
DSC01185.jpg
top of roach bin see how dirty and grungy it looks all her stuff was this dirty and nasty

i will have update pics soon i have alot going on the next couple days but i will get them up asap since ive been robbed and basicly had no money to put down on a new place we thought we were going to be in a rough spot but by the grace of god i found a place today and we move in wendsday but my funds are super low but as soon as i can i will get her a new tank with new stuff she has a new basking bulb she is now under a reptisun 10.0 uvb tube and when my funds are better she will be in a new tank

Angiecountrygirl

Juvie Member
OMG... I am crying, that just broke my heart :cry: . What a cruel and sick person :evil: this little dragon had caring for him, I'm so glad you came along and rescued him (This dragon is so lucky to have you and your wife). I wish you luck w/ your home as well as with this little dragon. Just remember "KARMA", and hopefully the creep who had this dragon will get his 10 folds... and hopefully you will be rewarded for your kindness in saving one of God's cratures. I will keep you all in my prayers- GOD BLESS! XO

HYPORollo

Juvie Member
Original Poster
thank you so much i think the previous owner thought they were doing good i guess he seemed concerned about who he gave her too and chose me since i recued dragons before im doing everything i can to make her life from here on out better and im feeding her silkworms and greens and soon ill start intoducing other feeders like roaches and im also going to puit her on reptaid so she will have alot of help in her fight for life thank you so much for your kind words and prayers and im glad to see your falkor doing good my sire falkor is getting huge ill post pics on him soon also

beardie osk

Extreme Poster
Oh, this is very sad............ thank-you, thank-you, for rescuing this baby. I will be praying for you and your circumstance with housing, and wisdom in bringing this one back to health. I can barely stand thinking of how mistreated and filthy she was, bless you for caring.
I just don't understand some people????????????????????????
How is the end of her tail, do you have any neosporin?
Hugs to you and your wife, keep us posted, please.

DragonsInKansas

Sub-Adult Member
Oh...........my..........god!

That is the sadest thing I've ever seen! How does a tail even get to be like that?

I think you guys are right about karma, I hope whoever brought her to this point gets theirs. If you don't already have a name for her, I think "karma" would be a good one. So sad. :cry:

MommytoSobe

Hatchling Member
That is soooo sad. How could someone let an animal live like that? That poor baby. Im so glad you have taken her in, even with the meager amount of money you have, you've still given her a better life for these past few days than she probably ever had with those people. That poor thing, please keep us updated with her recovery!

ez2bbad64

Juvie Member
OMG that is so sad!.poor little beardie! bless you for rescuing her! i know how hard that can be i have a few rescue animals here. we had one horse that when we saw him i took him home with the intention of putting him down he had a really bad infection in his tooth no one fixed because it was cheaper to buy a new horse from a auction then to fix his tooth. the infection got into his blood damaged his heart when you petted him his coat was like petting a dead horse. my son loved him so we fought for his life. two weeks before his surgery they put him on meds to fight the infection the surgery he lost almost all his teeth and a section of dead rotting bone from his jaw. he had a good life after that carried my son for three years he loved the kids he was put to sleep on aug 20th 2009 at approx 36yrs old(no one knew his true age the vet guessed him at 36) when his heart worsened and his guts shut down i think from all the meds he was one trying to help his heart.
for rescues we also have a 28yr old pony, a 3yr old qh 8yr old belgian draft. 9mo old lab who was beaten untill her ribs broke and my beloved peaches the dragon who is out of a shelter. she has MBD and a fractured skull that damaged her eye.and there have been others through the years that have found their way to me so i understand what you are going through!. i wish you were closer i would borrow you a tank and such for her to use!. with her tail peaches had tail issues when she came to the shelter they soaked her tail in what i think was a weakened iodine solution twice a day for 15 minutes then neosporined it. when i got her i used to put a neosporin bandaid on it since she really didint walk at all. i also fed her alot of baby food i would mix her vitamins right into the baby food since she refused veggies. good luck with this poor girl

Angiecountrygirl

Juvie Member
I can't stop thinking about this baby... I hope she pulls through. You and your wife are such great people to be giving her a 2nd chance... I have a few extra supplies and a $20 giftcard to Petsmart, if you private mssg me your address, I would be happy to send them to you for the cause of helping this little angel out.
p.s. I think Karma is a great name for her as well...

gini

Sub-Adult Member
OMG!!! This is the most horrible thing. I am so glad you have gotten this poor thing. I'm sure you will be able to make her feel loved. I'm really sorry things are so hard for you and your family right now. We will surely be praying for you...

HYPORollo

Juvie Member
Original Poster
thank you all for your kind words and best of wishes this is very hard for us to be going through but even harder for me to talk about i almost didnt make this post for few reasons one is i just didnt want to offend the previous owner since they are a bd.org member and i just didnt want to sadden anybody else with what i was dealing with but before and after i got her i had been talking to my angel EMBEE and she has given me the strength to keep going and courage to open up and share what battles i have going on.when i first got her the plan was to give her to a rescue 4 hours away and i even called my buddy from the rescue place and told him and he said if she was that bad we would just put her down and this would of been the easiest thing for me concidering my money sitution and with everything going on but once i got her and i saw she was trying to move and wanting to eat and live i couldnt just give up on her and i said to her i would fight right along with her side by side and she just turned her little head up at me with one eye as to say ok lets do this so i called my buddy and told him i would keep her and ive been talking with em almost daily in pms and we have been taking it day by day with her even though this is a really hard time for me i just look at what she has been through and how she hasnt given up and i wont either this little girl made it to me for a reason and we are in it together now so i just want to thank everybody for your support and such kind wordsim just hoping to soon get her a tank and have her in the new home on wendsday for her new start in life and as for a name i like karma so much its allways been a fav name of mine and i think it fits her just fine so thank you guys for karmas new name i think im going to pawn something of mine like my beloved playstation 3 and get her a new tank and somethings so she can have a new start for real in the new place and when i get back to normal i can get another game system well thank you guys so much again for all your good vibes and for keeping us in your prayers and im sorry for making you guys sad with this post trust me it was really hard to make this post ill keep you guys updated

gini

Sub-Adult Member
I like that you are choosing the name Karma!!!! I think it suits her! Good luck to you and everything you have going on.

Jasper's Mom

BD.org Addict
I saw this last night but it made me too sad to comment right away. I just wanted to tell you that you are doing an amazing thing. The name Karma fits, not only for her but for you. All the sacrifices you are making to help this poor neglected little animal will be repaid to you tenfold. Lots of hugs from me and my crew - you can do it!!!

HYPORollo

Juvie Member
Original Poster
yeah lance trust me thats all i keep saying to my self and and to think if i would of bought that tv that day i almost got robbed at the pawnshop i would of been homeless just with a bad a** tv which would of sucked thank god i didnt do that everything happens for a reason and im a huge believer in that and all this rain will clear up and soon i will have abright sunny day and so will karma and just so you guys know today i gave her a little dose of reptaid and she ate a few roaches and some greens and has been moving her head a little more she isnt giving up and im not either thank you all for your support and soon i hope to have her in a nice big tank once we get into the new place but she is improving a little each day so your prayers are working thanks guys

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Oh thats just awfulll.Poor girl!
Few things which you may know but I will post them anyway.Be sure to go slow with the protien at first as you down want to have a cascade failure of her organs which can happen if they have gone without protien for a while.I also strongly recommend you bathe her in a diluted batadine and water bath daily to ensure that you get her fungus and possible tail infection under control and if you have any liquid calcium it would be great to get her on it as she obviously looks like she has some MBD issues going on.I am honestly disgusted!I am also very proud of you for doing this especially considering your situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixxie
Top Bottom