Very Lethargic Dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seven65

Juvie Member
Is it too late for Nef to still be coming out of brumation? Shes been showing signs that she wants to wake up for a while now, but when i turn on her lights she crawls into her cave and she won't poop when I give her a bath. She also plays dead when I give her a bath (Luke warm), she used to do that when she was a baby but I thought she was over it. I have her sitting on her basking spot with her lights on and shes just sleeping there now, I figured she was still brumating, but I'm starting to get worried now. Shouldn't she be awake? Her breathing also seems slow or infrequent. She is on occasion pushing breaths out of her mouth, it seems, making a noise that I don't think is coming from her lungs, it sounds like its just from the air escaping her mouth but I'm not entirely sure.

Should I try feeding her some applesauce/olive oil, or maybe she needs a vet trip?
TBH We don't have any good reptile vets in town, last time I thought she might have a URI the vet just took my word for it which doesn't inspire confidence.

Reptisun 10.0 6" away from basking
Tile
100ish Basking temp
70ish cold side
Crickets, supers, mixed veggies when eating (Not eating now, barely wakes)

Seven65

Juvie Member
Original Poster
On second thought, her breathing isn't right, probably an infection again. I made a vet appt.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
If you think something is wrong with her, you need to try to get her to a vet that specializes in beardies. I know how hard that can be as we have to drive 100+ miles one way to get to a good reptile vet.

Seven65

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I'm in a very secluded place, land locked. A boat ride plus 150miles to the nearest reptile vet, and I don't know anything about them. If that was to fall though it would be a 5-6 hour trip with two boat rides. Either way would make for an overnight stay and then the same distance back. I don't think Id be able to keep her warm enough and feel the trip would do more harm than good. I just got back from the better of the local vets and he seems to have learned more since I was last in, I don't know if maybe my last visit prompted some study on the subject but he knew to ask better questions this time and I have her on antibiotics. Mixed them into some applesauce because she isn't eating, she ate most of it without a fuss but then got frustrated and flung the last bit of it everywhere. Must be a pain, me prodding at her mouth while shes already sick.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
I hope she's feeling better. You could get some baby food, like chicken or veggie, and her calcium into it. That gets some back eating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Julielps
Top Bottom