very late hatching eggs ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I'm new to this site but for several weeks I have been searching the internet looking for some information. My dragon laid 29 eggs 110 days ago, we incubated them staraight away and they have all been growing steadily and looking healthy although I was worried when they reached 80 plus days and nothing seemed to be happening but I have tried to be patient and let nature prevail,two days ago they started sweating a clear liquid with a very pale yellow tint which is slightly sticky and look very slightly smaller I cant seem to find anyone who has waited so long for their eggs to hatch I'm a bit worried she also laid a 2nd clutch 21 days later these are in another incubator and look healthy as well they are all at 84.2 I can see the babies moving sometimes ayone have any ideas why they dont want to come out ??

RioReptiles

Sub-Adult Member
Unfortunately, most of mine seemed to hatch early, but nothing too crazy. I keep my temps the same as yours. Now that they are sweating, has anything hatched? I've had an occasional egg not hatch, but it still didn't go that long. It will be interesting to see how this turns out.

SharonBushell

Original Poster
SharonBushell":31vc3i4u said:
Hi I'm new to this site but for several weeks I have been searching the internet looking for some information. My dragon laid 29 eggs 110 days ago, we incubated them staraight away and they have all been growing steadily and looking healthy although I was worried when they reached 80 plus days and nothing seemed to be happening but I have tried to be patient and let nature prevail,two days ago they started sweating a clear liquid with a very pale yellow tint which is slightly sticky and look very slightly smaller I cant seem to find anyone who has waited so long for their eggs to hatch I'm a bit worried she also laid a 2nd clutch 21 days later these are in another incubator and look healthy as well they are all at 84.2 I can see the babies moving sometimes ayone have any ideas why they dont want to come out ??
OMG got up this morning to 2 babies out and 3 heads showing from the 2nd clutch soooo cute now its 5 hours later and theres 4 babies in the vivarium and 2 heads showing in the incubator I'm really quite relieved : )

SharonBushell

Original Poster
Ive taken quite a few will put some on as soon as I get time, theres 4 babies now with 3 more on their way but all together we had nearly 80 eggs so it'll be interesting to see how many do hatch they r gorgeous but we have 5 adults and my daughter is staing with us at the moment and she also has two so itsa pretty full :blob5: house at the moment so although I was hoping to keep at least one I'll have to wait and see if my daughter can find a house she likes before the babies have to go :blob8: :blob8: :blob8: :blob8: :blob8:

SharonBushell

Original Poster
Hi these werent the 110 day egg these hatched at 91 days but were in a seperate incubator so Im thinking the temps must be low on the other one making the eggs take longer its now been 117 days but the eggs have all got movement inside them and are pretty big eggs the dad is a german giant and mum a very good size but not a german giant Im a bit of a technophobe but gonna get my daughter to put some pics on of the babies and will do same when the other eggs hatch (maybe theyll come out fully grown) :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom