Very frustrating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

beardieluv

Sub-Adult Member
I have been fighting with Charlie on and off since May to stay under his lights. For a period of time he will jump off his log and scratch at his cage for hours. Nonstop. Then he will stop for a few weeks, and repeat. I have checked his lights, changed his lights, adjusted his setup, nothing works. He is in his phase again. I have been sitting next to him for the past hour, and I am not exaggerating when I say i've had to put him back under his lights at least a hundred times. He refuses to stay under his lights. And then he scratches and scratches and scratches at his glass until I put him back under his light. It is frustrating me so badly, i am almost in the point of tears. I know it sounds silly but he doesn't stay under his lights for more than 5 minutes at a time. I haven't been able to feed him much because he won't stay under his lights to digest his food. And he does it for weeks on end. I just dont know what to do anymore. Please help.

drgnfly2265

Sub-Adult Member
I have 2 beardies. Midna is the "normal" one it seems. She will bask under her lights and maybe walk away when she wants and then bask again. When it's night she will go under her hide to go to sleep. BUT Yaddle on the other hand is the one that seems to make me do more work :roll: . It started months ago when I had to start taking her half log hide out of her viv every day and at night I would give it back to her. She was hiding under it for the whole day and didn't want to come out. Then she started hanging out on the cooler side of the viv all day. The temps and everything else is all good, but for some reason she never wanted to bask. When she was doing this I think every hour I was putting her under her basking spot to make her get warm. But 10 minutes later she was back to the cooler side. After a coulple of days I let her do her own thing and didn't move her when I thought she needed to be moved. Now finally she is hanging out on the hot side! The whole time that this was going on I fed her like normal. Try to let your beardie do it's own thing for a couple of days and see what happens.

Yaddle does the glass dancing too. Sometimes it looks like she is freaking out. I've notice that she does this for 2 reasons. The first is that she pooped and she really hates it when the poop is in there with her, lol :lol: The other reason is because she really wants us to pick her up.

I hope that helps you in some way :mrgreen:

beardieluv

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Thanks, I guess I will just let him do his own thing for a few days and see if it works for me as well!

jjh1

Juvie Member
Samething here at times Female stays under her basking all the time she will move when she wants to but she is so lazy right now that I put the supers in her dish up to the basking for her to eat lol.

Male he gets fed on his bed basks leaves comes back then cool side.
Also the weather is changing Brumation is coming so sleepy time is coming around the corner soon.
Thats my take on my guys so I am going to stick with that lol

Joanne

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
How old is your beardie? What type and brand of UVB are you using and what is the distance of it? Also, what type of thermometer are you using, where exactly are you testing them and what are the temps?

dadecitydragons

Hatchling Member
drgnfly2265":13betaly said:
She was hiding under it for the whole day and didn't want to come out. Then she started hanging out on the cooler side of the viv all day.

this is what my big female does, but with just the basking stone in there she is active... I have even went to the extent of adding another heat light also to keep her warm but not hot... I am starting to believe she is trying to start brumating since she had laid 2 clutches of eggs when thier previous owner had them... She isnt getting any bigger except for when she eats and the vet said there wasnt no eggs yet that she could tell... Munchie does the "Jiggy Dance" as the kids call it when he is at the vet for his appointment... he loves the ladies thats for sure reguardless of the species lol...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom