Very Bloated approx 6 months old

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so, ive been on here before under a different name, cause i cant remember the one I was on before.

Anyways we are new to Bearded Dragons and have had nothing but issues since starting in June. Log story short, first baby had to go back to the store because it was very impacted. Our new little guy came with problems as well.

His name is Perry. I believe i have everything he is suppose to have. I'll add all that info later.

My issue now is he looks like hes going to explode. Hes so puffed up. its not just now and then either. Every two minutes and he looks like hes in pain. I beleive he has MBD, but am unable to take him to get checked. He has been to the vet once for pinworms and there was no mention of it, but he doesnt use his back legs very much so that is what i am figuring.

Whats the puffing?
he also looks to be gasping, could that be from MBD?
I need help

Thanks

Perry's People

PerrysPeople

Original Poster
he's a good pooper, thats why i dont understand

he was eating fine, then in the last week hes back to a baby food mix i made for him while getting through his pinworms

He was eating 20-25 roaches a day, and he was looking good

Glad he poops well! I'm having that issue with mine :?

A few more questions... sorry
Also does he drink water regularly?
How hot is the "hot side" and basking spot?

PerrysPeople

Original Poster
My temps are right, he was drinking the water off the leaves in the morning and sometimes from a little dish. He gets baths 1-2 a week

basking is from 98-105, cool side is 75-85.

Hmmm I think you may need to take him to the vet again. Especially since he won't eat and his hind legs aren't working. Would you be able to post a picture of him?

PerrysPeople

Original Poster
He's the set up info

36x24x24 Zoo Med Vivarium
Basking Temps range from 102-110
Cool side 75-85
We have the Reptisun 10 ( he can get within 6-7 inches of the UVB )

PerrysPeople

Original Poster
No possible way to take him to the vet. What should I be doing if it is MBD, and would the vet be able to do anything more then what I am able to do, besides giving the the diagnosis? Not sure how to post a pic from my IPad.

PerrysPeople

Original Poster
Going to try to feed him the turkey baby food/veg/fruit mix I've made up for him. He's not even looking at the roaches. I am so stressed out over this little dude. How am I to console my 9 year old son if the worst is to happen. I am doing everything I am financially able to do. He's got the right lighting and viv. The food is all off the good for Bearded Dragons list from this site.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there....a couple of questions to try to figure out what's wrong with Perry. Is your vivarium a screen or glass ? If it's screen, there's a good chance that alot of heat is escaping, so try to be sure that your temps. are correct. You might try putting cardboard on 2-3 sides of the viv if it it is screen. Beardies can develop MBD when they don;t have enough heat to digest their food properly. Also, are you sure there is no plastic shield on the UVB hood , and since the viv is rather tall, does he climb up high enough to the heat + UVB ? And since you mentioned plastic leaves, check to be sure that he has not eaten one....it does happen, fake leaves are potentially dangerous when a beardie that likes greens decides it looks good enough to eat. So those are just a few things to consider. Also, if you live in a warm state, getting him in the sun can do alot of good. I hope little Perry will be O.K.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Oh, and the gasping and being bloated could be from a respiratory infection.....please be sure your temps. are high enough, and be sure to keep the viv at 80 F overnight.

PerrysPeople

Original Poster
The viv is all glass except for the top, it is screen. The viv is tall, but I have raised the floor so he is able to get within 6-7 inches of the UVB and have adjusted the heat light to reset temps. I figure since she's so small still, he really doesn't need all that head room anyways. And this way he doesn't need to climb. He was flipping over every time he tried to get up on his rock, so I took them out and replaced them with a flat stone. The UVB light is actually inside the tank so, there's nothing in the way of the rays. He won't even eat greens if I stick them in his mouth so, I'm pretty sure he's not eating them. I'm in British Columbia, Canada. So no chance of taking him outside for a few months.

PerrysPeople

Original Poster
Temps being high enough? I am keeping the basking rock at about 103, goes down to 98 and as high as 110. The cool side never goes below 76. Im going to attemp to post a picture or even a video

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Your temps. are good there, yes. Poor little guy can't climb, so he's off balance... a video could be helpful.

PerrysPeople

Original Poster
I don't understand, it's like he's breathing in to much air and puffing up. To the point where it really looks uncomfortable. I'm worried he's going to pop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hseith
Top Bottom