Vaseline vs. Packing Tape?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ButterflyGirl89

Hatchling Member
I'm just paranoid and extra cautious. I'm expecting some dubias any day now, and I bought a clear 18 gallon rubbermaid tub for them. I chose the clear instead of the colored because the sides just felt smoother to me, then I covered the outside with wrapping paper.

Anyway, I wanna go the extra mile!
I had originally planned to smear vaseline all across the top of the inside of the tub, but I've noticed more and more people saying to use clear packing tape. So which is better?

Also, would a heat light possible melt petroleum jelly? I don't want it sliding and smearing all the way down into the buggies living areas... lol. :p

ButterflyGirl89

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Eh, I guess I figured it out on my own.
Tried it out and after a couple hours or so with the heat light I had sliiiiding vaseline. >_<
Packing tape, it is! :roll:

kjinxx2

Sub-Adult Member
They won't even be able to get up the sides of your bin, but packing tape works best, no mess and poop stuck to vaseline :p

ButterflyGirl89

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Hehe. Yeahh... I know you're right... There was just some extra paranoia inside me going "MAKE IT LIKE FORT KNOX!" maximum security overload... :oops: :p

MrWhite

Sub-Adult Member
I have never had any small ones escape from my bins, I have colored bins with no tape on the inside.

1beardie

Hatchling Member
They do climb the sides. Unless I have Super Spider Dubia. I see the babies climbing all the way up to the packing tape. So just to be safe I would use the tape. Like you said vasoline will just melt and slide....

ButterflyGirl89

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
1beardie":3czjrr5f said:
They do climb the sides. Unless I have Super Spider Dubia. I see the babies climbing all the way up to the packing tape. So just to be safe I would use the tape. Like you said vasoline will just melt and slide....

:shock: Really???? what kind of container do you use??? eeeeeek!! >_<

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kwe6634ee1
Top Bottom