Valentines day girl and light setup tips?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gepard

So the hubby and I went and had our valentine dinner with some nice craft beers and snacks and had to pick up supers on the way home for our big boy ... well Petsmart had one baby beardie left, all on her lonesome with her feet pressed to the front of the glass and we added to our family. We already had a 29 gallon tank and extra hoods so she's set with what she needs for now and we're gonna work on sprucing up her place today. So now it's Kisuke and Yoruichi filling up our lives with reptile antics ... and bugs. Since I'm somewhat starting from scratch with her (we have a bunch of reflective domes and bulbs, reptisun coming tonight, is there an easy way to set up the lights and still be able to open the tank? We're building a new front enclosure for Kisuke but don't have that planned for the little girl for a while yet.

The new girl

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi there,

With screen tops, there really is no way to get around at least one light being on top. You can (and should) mount the uvb under the screen, inside of the tank. So that takes care of that. But the basking bulb would need to still be placed on top.

But removing just 1 dome fixture isn't too bad. :mrgreen:

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemommma
Top Bottom