Vacation without my dragons?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering what should i do with my babies while we are gone for 3 days. My normal pet sitter will be away as well. Should i try and find another sitter for them and risk having my house robbed or can i feed them something that will tide them over intil we are back? It will only be 3 days. I have the lights on a timer so that shouldn't be an issue. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thank you.

FBradshaw

Juvie Member
Alot of pet stores offer a pet sitting service. You drop them off there and pick them up when you return, no need to worry about your house getting robbed.

broozersfam

Original Poster
I'll look into it at Petsmart here since i visit that place so often i'm on a first name basis with the reptile folks there! LOL Thank you.

valcash

Sub-Adult Member
Depending on if it is going to a be a full three days or different (leaving Monday afternoon, gone Tuesday, coming back Wed afternoon type thing), you could just leave them with pellets and fresh vegetables and dehydrated vegetables and some worms and ask a relative, friend, or family member to check on them. Just an idea. If it is going to be a full three days then that is different. It also depends on the age of your Beardie and the general health of your BD. Adults require different daily care than other stages, also a healthy BD requires less care than nursing one back to health.

broozersfam

Original Poster
Thank you. All 3 of my beardies are NOT babies, i guess you would say they are teenagers! LOL We would be leaving in the evening on a friday and coming back on a sunday afternoon. It would be around the time of July 4th and i was wondering if the noise would bother them or not. Guess i still have time to figure out what to do. Thanks for all the suggestions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom