v young baby got a gash on her leg what do i do

Status
Not open for further replies.
The baby im rescuing from the mum who went for it i notice has like an open wound on her leg which for her size looks not good. it isnt oozing anything at all or anything. She is moving around, alert and feeding but doesnt seem to be using her back legs. Ill be taking it to my vet tomorrow for a check up but they are not reptile experts, one of the vets has done a course on reptile care. Any ideas anyone. Im not giving up on her she is too full of life but I feel so helpless.

Do I leave her to try to heal on her own? Can I dress it in anyway ? please help

mpinsky

Hatchling Member
Is the wound deep? If she has lost movement in her back legs because of it, you'll want to arrange an appointment with your herp vet ASAP. It may not be oozing now, but it might get infected later and become in that condition.

If not (or until then), you should clean the wound in a diluted betadine solution (the water should be the color of weak tea). After that (and the solution has dried), an application of Neosporin might help and then dress the wound in STERILE bandages (I'd say some sterile gauze would be your best bet as a self-adhesive bandage might cause the beardie some discomfort when the vet needs to take it off). The dressing should be snug, but not tight enough to cut off circulation.

Do you have a picture of wound?

Keep us updated!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lienminhokvip
Top Bottom