UVB Tube recommendations ??? Please help !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cadillac

Ok i just bought a baby and the idots at the pet store sold me a REPTI GLO 10.0 COIL BULB!!! for a 55 gallon tank and it has been 2 weeks now i have a dying dragon the light may not be the problem but i think it is......

Well anyway I have a 55gallon tank and i need a cheap but effective UVB setup..

i dont have a tank hood but i went to wal-mart and got a Tube fixture that is 75 watts but it is only 24 inches long is that big enough ??? and if so what type of blub do i need ???

Thanks for the help in advance!!!

PLEASE HELP

Embee

Gray-bearded Member
I'm sorry if you felt you weren't getting this advice in your other thread... ??

The best tube available is the ReptiSun 10.0 TUBE, and it sounds like the fixture you got should work with this, yes. It's a very good bulb, and would work well along side your current basking bulb. The UVB tube should cover at least HALF the top of the tank, if not more.

If you like, you can go with an MVB, as your tank is big enough. The following is an excerpt from my reply in your other thread:

Indeed, a 55 gallon will house a MVB nicely. The best you can get is the MegaRay: reptileuv.com and a close second is the TRex http://www.petmountain.com/product/reptile-heat-bulbs/503619/t-rex-active-uv-heat-flood-spot-lamps.html

Also, distant thirds (but also good MVBs) are the ZooMed PowerSun, and the Exo Terra Solar Glo. These are two that you will likely find in a store, but will probably be marked up, as it were.

MVBs house UVA/UVB/HEAT/D3 all in one, rather than needing a separate bulb for UVB and Heat/UVA.

The best,
Em

cadillac

Original Poster
i am going to get a bulb first thing in the morning will the 24 inch fixture be ok with the reptisun tube or do i need another fixture
\
.. or jus take it back and get the MVB

thanks for all your help jus a little stressed iout right now way to much worng info from the pet stores

Embee

Gray-bearded Member
cadillac":31aba said:
i am going to get a bulb first thing in the morning will the 24 inch fixture be ok with the reptisun tube or do i need another fixture
\
.. or jus take it back and get the MVB

thanks for all your help jus a little stressed iout right now way to much worng info from the pet stores

Yes, as I mentioned, I believe the fixture would be just fine. Since you already have that, I'd go with the ReptiSun 10.0 for now. It's a very good bulb. Just need to find the proper length tube to fit the fixture. If you can't find it in store, here is a direct link to a place where you can find it online, MUCH less expensively: http://www.petmountain.com/product/...bs/504983/zoo-med-reptisun-10.0-uvb-bulb.html

cadillac":31aba said:
yea thanks for the info i am jus trying to figure everything out

I totally understand. We're all rooting for your dear little dragon. I will certainly check back in with your other thread in the am, and check up.

Hang in there,
Em

TazzysMamma

Sub-Adult Member
Believe me, I completely understand. My first time here was also due to my baby... he was a resue.

Im hoping your little one will be fine. We are here if you need us.

HUGS

Sandi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rootie
Top Bottom