UVB Tube recommendations ??? Please help !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cadillac

Ok i just bought a baby and the idots at the pet store sold me a REPTI GLO 10.0 COIL BULB!!! for a 55 gallon tank and it has been 2 weeks now i have a dying dragon the light may not be the problem but i think it is......

Well anyway I have a 55gallon tank and i need a cheap but effective UVB setup..

i dont have a tank hood but i went to wal-mart and got a Tube fixture that is 75 watts but it is only 24 inches long is that big enough ??? and if so what type of blub do i need ???

Thanks for the help in advance!!!

PLEASE HELP

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
Hello,

Sorry to hear your beardies not doing well. Even though you have figured out the Reptiglo is a bad bulb... maybe you could fill us in on what's going on wih your little one(just in case it is something other that the UVB).

As far as the uvb lighting goes the ReptiSUN 10.0 fluorescent tube UVB is the best linear uvb out there. It is not that expensive...here is a site that carries them for a reasonable price http://www.petmountain.com/product/reptile-fluorescent-bulbs/504983/zoo-med-reptisun-10.0-uvb-bulb.html . With a 55 gallon tank...I would reccomend a longer bulb than a 24". A 36" uvb bulb would cover more of your tank, the longer the better.

Dawn :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rootie
Top Bottom