UVB Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

penelepe

Hatchling Member
Hi guys, I recently purchased Power Sun MVBs, the little one LOVES his new light and his true colors are showing, no problems there.

But the older dragon just lays under the MVB with her eyes closed and sometimes won't even bask, so I figure it is hurting her eyes or something else. Now I want to ask is there any other UVB which doesn't harm the dragon, besides Repti-Sun and Arcadia? Is the Repti-Glo Tube light any good? Or not? Ugh running out of options here. Already tried the Repti-Sun, but because it's so expensive here in South Africa I can't get a new one for a few months.

Help?

Soulwind

Sub-Adult Member
If the older dragon doesn't like basking under the MVB, it's probably too hot for her.

Older dragons do seem to prefer lower temps than younglings, and MVBs put out a lot of heat, so you may have to move it further away to adjust it's heat levels.

You don't have them housed together do you, where they would have to share the basking spot?

I've had to move my MVB bulb up several times to keep the temps in the range that Mellow likes.

For UV light, we only recommend: Repti-Sun 10 long-tube florescent, Arcadia 12 long-tube florescent,
or an MVB (I use the Power Suns too, but I'm not certain if there's a favorite model on the boards).

The Repti-Glo models aren't for desert species, and compact bulbs are typically where you get eye issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom