UVB question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kate221

Hatchling Member
It's time to change out two of my Reptisun 10.0 UBV bulbs....and I need to get a third one for the rescue that i'm getting this weekend. The Reptisun 10.0 are $35 a piece....that's $105 plus tax. Is there anywhere to get them cheaper than $35 a piece? Is there anything that compares to the reptisun that would be cheaper? I don't want them to go long without their UVB bulbs,..especially Isis (she doesn't eat well as it is) and the rescue (who has a possible impaction). Should I wait 3 whole weeks until the reptile show in Charlotte and see if they even have them and if they do, if they're cheaper there? I have way too many things going through my head here. I don't want to just buy cheap bulbs that do absolutely NOTHING for my babies,...that's a total waste!!

Any suggestions would be appreciated!!
Thanks!!
Kaitlin

MissT

BD.org Addict
Could you possibly order shorter bulbs? I know its not ideal but if you need to cut costs, it could help.

MartianMonkey

Hatchling Member
check out Amazon.com I just got both of mine for $28 and change each with free shipping. I know it isn't much of a savings but I figured any is better than none

Cnochur

Hatchling Member
UVB is one area where you can't skimp. Maybe this most recent rescue is one too many for your budget.

Kate221

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Amazon is much cheaper so I'm going to go with that I think. $28 with shipping vs.$35 is much better, thanks for that suggestion Martianmonkey.

I asked if there was anywhere online to get them cheaper....and if there was anything that compares. I'm definitely not going to go buy a $55 dollar bulb from Petsmart when i can get it for $28 on amazon....Which is why i asked this question, Never, anywhere in this conversation, did I say I was going to skimp on UVB lighting. Was just asking for suggestions.

z71

PetMountain has them for $25.80 and free shipping over $60. It would take about a week to get them but that's where I just ordered from. Good luck!

herpgirl2510

Sub-Adult Member
I have ordered quite a few off of amazon and I have always had good luck. On some of the other reptile sites there is an extra charge for the repti sun 10.0 when you get a 48" one. Nothing wrong with looking for a good deal petsmart and petco prices are ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
s4mclain
Top Bottom