UVB Placement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iggulds

Just wondering how the UVB should be placed in the tank. Should the beardie be able to bask and recieve uvb in the same spot? or should the uvb be in a seperate basking spot? The reason I ask is the way i have it setup now is both are on the same side of the tank but when the beardie basks for warmth the uvb bulb doesnt reach him. To get uvb he has to move over and out of the basking bulb light. What works best?

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
Yes, you want the basking light and the uvb to be side by side, so that they get both at the same time.
What type of UVB are you using and what is the distance from the bulb to your beardie?

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
Well the Reptisun is at a good distance, so he should be able to receive adequate amounts of uvb from it.
How far apart are the bulbs?

Iggulds

Original Poster
Well they are both on the same side one is in the top corner one is in the bottom corner. About 8- 10" apart

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
If I am understanding you correctly... they are on the same side on the tank, the basking bulb above the uvb. If this is right... it is fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dobby2012
Top Bottom