UVB Mounting question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akg12saurus

Beardie name(s)
Gosha
Folks,

I currently have a 22” T5HO UVB light with fixture mounted inside the viv (64 gallon 48x18x18) and unsure if it's hitting the right spot if you will but not sure about my mesh screen allowing for that...
should I..

1. buy a longer fixture like a 36"? and/or
2. put it on top of the mesh screen? (screen pic attached)

Thanks!

Attachments

• screen 1.jpg
    screen 1.jpg
    401.4 KB · Views: 113
  • screen 2.jpg
    screen 2.jpg
    370.6 KB · Views: 83

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Folks,

I currently have a 22” T5HO UVB light with fixture mounted inside the viv (64 gallon 48x18x18) and unsure if it's hitting the right spot if you will but not sure about my mesh screen allowing for that...
should I..

1. buy a longer fixture like a 36"? and/or
2. put it on top of the mesh screen? (screen pic attached)

Thanks!
Your screen is wide holed it can stay on top but a piece of decor needs to be directly underneath approx 8-10 inches

Rubble1212

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Rubble
I think the way you have it setup is good but I’m not sure I understand when you say hitting the right spot? I’d personally leave it under the screen and have a piece of basking decor about 12 inches underneath it and then you can have areas that get closer to the t5 as well that allow him to get closer if he wants. Let me know if you need more help.

Rubble1212

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Rubble
I like to have basking decor running along the entire length of the tube so you can have something directly underneath the basking bulb but also runs under the t5 as well because it’s impossible to have your heat bulb be directly under the t5 it’s normally just in front or behind a few inches. The best piece of advice I got was from Cooperdragon and it’s to create 4 zones within the enclosure UVB with heat and UVB with lower heat and low UVB with heat and low UVB with low heat. This creates every option for your dragon to use. Just my two cents.

Akg12saurus

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Gosha
I like to have basking decor running along the entire length of the tube so you can have something directly underneath the basking bulb but also runs under the t5 as well because it’s impossible to have your heat bulb be directly under the t5 it’s normally just in front or behind a few inches. The best piece of advice I got was from Cooperdragon and it’s to create 4 zones within the enclosure UVB with heat and UVB with lower heat and low UVB with heat and low UVB with low heat. This creates every option for your dragon to use. Just my two cents.
Ahh, that's great advice...now you got me thinking about a variety of setups lol it never ends 😂

Rubble1212

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Rubble
Yeah I run a basking bulb on both ends which creates the 4 zones. The hot side bulb is as close to the t5 as possible and the cool side bulb is all the way in the front so it’s a basking site with no uvb and then I have a rock or branch that’s in the middle of the tank with low heat but high uvb and the middle of the t5 is the strongest uvb it’s like an arc of uvb the reflects from the tube almost like an upside down rainbow so the ends of the tube don’t have as much uvb as the middle.

Akg12saurus

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Gosha
Yeah I run a basking bulb on both ends which creates the 4 zones. The hot side bulb is as close to the t5 as possible and the cool side bulb is all the way in the front so it’s a basking site with no uvb and then I have a rock or branch that’s in the middle of the tank with low heat but high uvb and the middle of the t5 is the strongest uvb it’s like an arc of uvb the reflects from the tube almost like an upside down rainbow so the ends of the tube don’t have as much uvb as the middle.
I'd love to see a pic of your setup if you don't mind sharing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sage_1207
Top Bottom