uvb lighting help asap!GOT THE PARTS take a look

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheWolfmanTom

Extreme Poster
The Reptisun 10 flurecent tube is the most consistant UVB tube on the market right now.
I get my fixtures from walmart for 8 to 10 bucks. I throw out the bulb and plastice cover it comes with and I put in zoomeds bulb.

lauraj1055

Gray-bearded Member
Can you put the reptisun under the mesh top? Your beardie needs to be able to get 6 - 8 " away from it, and that mesh top blocks out most the UVB.. I've read people on here using 3m command hooks, or the tape that comes for the command hooks that hold up to 5 lbs in order to secure their lights inside the tank... You will want to do that.. :D

lauraj1055

Gray-bearded Member
Oh.. and you really really need to remove that sand.. and use tile, non adhesive shelf liner.. sand is not good for them at all...

Sherri

Sub-Adult Member
Rud3Bwoy":32n3wu08 said:
ok here is my idea until i get this new viv in a month or two or until i cut the mesh

the uvb is uncovered by anything

the mesh is popping out but still in the front only over the heating lamp,is that ok?

Much better :D

1beardie

Hatchling Member
#1 is you really should remove the sand. #2 you should have a digital thermometer... I had a themometer like yours and it was reading right at 105 degrees at the basking spot. I bought a digital thermometer and The same spot was reading 125!!!!! The coil stick on ones are VERY inaccurate....

lauraj1055

Gray-bearded Member
Rud3Bwoy":3jhcnlo9 said:
ill take my chances with the sand lol,been watching him eat last 2 weeks with no issues.

but ill get another monitor with my show case cages in a month or two.i tested that monitor with another house hold one outside of the viv and seems to be working fine as i can tell

Honestly, that is the worse chance you can take... That is if you don't really care if your beardie gets impacted, or paralyzed, or eventually dies by taking the chance of it being on sand.. Stupid chance!

Sherri

Sub-Adult Member
Rud3Bwoy":1nns499g said:
ill take my chances with the sand lol,been watching him eat last 2 weeks with no issues.

I realize there are many people who will tell you that their beardies have been fine on sand :roll: There are many people who think spending money every month on heartworm preventative is not necessary...but the problem is it *only* takes ONE time for their lives to be lost or serious loss of function to occur. I guess that is the point we are trying to make.

Not to compare human life to our pets, but I am comparing life and quality of life the only way I can think of at the moment :mrgreen: Think of it this way; seatbelts were not around and not required for decades, they came about because of the lessons were learned and now we know better so we do better you know? We never had helmets when we were kids for bike riding etc. but we *learned* that they do save lives so our kids ALWAYS wore helmets when biking or riding their scooters etc. because we knew the odds *may* have been in their favor to not get brain damage but that *slim chance* WAS there and a good argument for *not* wearing the helmets no longer existed.

Truly, all we are trying to do is help your beardie have the *safest* life possible because we care about our animals. I am NOT saying you do not care, I am saying that you think sand is OK likely b/c you have read, seen heard that it is OK from many other sources. Please just think about this; are you doing the *very* best you can for your beardie when you know there is a possibility that he could get impacted? I am not being harsh, just trying desperately to get you to see what we are telling you . Will you please just sincerely think about the risk? Hoping you will jump on board and use a better substrate is our goal and plenty of people on here have made the switch after giving it heartfelt thought even though *they* wanted the sand :)

For me, one line here is the one that makes sense; *When we know better, we do better*.

Take this in the spirit it was given, advice to help your adorable little beardie (who counts on you!lol, ok, shameless, could not help myself.....)

Sherri

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rootie
Top Bottom