UVB light

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I bought a ReptiSun hood for a UVB bulb at petsmart BUT they only sell Repti Glo bulbs, which makes no sense why sell the hood but not the boob, and I have been having problems with when I turn it off and I go to turn it back on it won't turn back on and I have mess with the bulb to get it to finally flicker on, I didn't realize they were different brands, very annoying actually. So now I'm wondering am I having a problem with the light bulb because they are different brands and the bulbs fit differently or is it ok to use them together but something is either wrong with the hood or the bulb???

Also I have seen many people do not recommend using the ReptiGlo bulb and I was curious on as to why? I am very new at this if you can't tell. But I did see on the Zoo Med website they are having a sale on their bulbs and if it is recommended and better to use a ReptiSun bulb, especially since i have the ReptiSun hood, than I will order it tonight and than return the other one after I get the new one. And either get store credit or my money back either way.

And having one beardie has made me want more, I was in PetSmart today again buying a multi vit and I was soo tempted to buy another one...hehe.. So any advice or suggestions on the bulb/hood issue is greatly appreciated!!

Thank you

Amanda

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom