UVB LIGHT FIXTURE? ADVICE PLEASE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone!

so i have a bearded dragon and he has a reptisun 10.0 bulb i believe its t8, but im not sure how to tell the difference between a t5 and a t8.. any ways, i purchased a zoomed fixture and its HUGE and now i keep reading about the screen taking away a big chunk of the UVB percentage and I obviously want the best for my little guy- ive looked EVERYWHERE for a lightweight fixture that i can hook up inside of his tank and cant find them anywhere.. home depot, walmart, canadian tire... no where! can someone send me a link to an affordable one? amazon maybe? im really bad with the whole electric aspect of things and i literally dont know what to type in... i probably even confuse the employees at the stores i go to... Thanks a ton!

kyleena29

Sub-Adult Member
Where are you located? If you look at the uvb it should say on the end what kind of bulb it is. Are you looking to use the same bulb you have now because we'd really need to know what you have. We'd also need to know what size it is, 22" etc. It would also help to know what size the cage is and how close they would be to the uvb.

babybearded07

Original Poster
kyleena29":pux7n3xl said:
Where are you located? If you look at the uvb it should say on the end what kind of bulb it is. Are you looking to use the same bulb you have now because we'd really need to know what you have. We'd also need to know what size it is, 22" etc. It would also help to know what size the cage is and how close they would be to the uvb.

the tank is a 40 gallon exo terra with the opening doors, when hes basking he is exactly 11" away from it, the bulb is 18" long, and its a reptisun 10.0 t8 bulb! just checked. the fixture he has now is a bulky one from zoomed.

babybearded07

Original Poster
CooperDragon":38ka06cp said:
If you could post a photo of the stamp on the bulb it would be helpful. If you can tell the length or wattage that will help too. Which ZooMed fixture did you buy? Is it a hood like this https://www.amazon.com/Zoo-Med-26053-Reptisun-Terrarium/dp/B00AQU8F2O?

its 18" and its a T8 bulb. Reptisun 10.0 tube! and yes its just a big zoomed black hood and i want a lightweight one that i can hook up inside of his tank, im too scared to hook up this big one because its quite heavy and bulky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom