UVB light and light fixture needed. Beardie hasn't had UVB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

amlee

I just got a year-old beardie that has not been getting proper UVB.

I want to get the Reptisun 10.0, but I really need help on wattage suggestions. I also need a fixture and am wondering what to buy and where to buy it?

Is PetMountain the best place? I need to order this stuff ASAP, because I think that my beardie has been suffering without it. I have him out in the sun right now. :)

Does anyone have any specific brand or product recommendations?

Thank you.

Seven65

Juvie Member
We don't really look at a UVB light by it's wattage. You go by the size. You can get a fluorescent tube fixture at Wal-Mart with a built in switch for like $20. The fixture should be at least half the length of your viv and your dragon should be able to get within 4-8 inches of it. Once you've chosen the size of your fixture buy a Reptisun 10 that is the right size for that fixture. Yes pet mountain is the best place to buy the bulb itself if you live in the states.

zebraflavencs

Extreme Poster
Walmart has the 24" fixture (Lights of America) remove the lens.
Lowes, and Home Depot have the single and double flor fixture for $9.99- single and $29.99-double.
Just make sure you get the non assembled if you aren't sure how to put one together !
Hope this helps out !
Janie.
Oh, with the double you can also add a full spectrum bright flo with the Sun for extra lighting!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rootie
Top Bottom