Uvb Light And Eyes Issues????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poshey22

Original Poster
nair88":1m0kckxm said:
24" tube.
see i have a 15inch 15 watt reptisun TUBE coming during the week and im in 2 minds to wait and see how that bulb goes before i think about taken him back only worried about my eyes not as sore today yesterday i was very bad after the bulb coil before it got the bin

MALIBUSMOM

Gray-bearded Member
If you place your bulb in a hood like the ones that go ontop of fish tanks..i think it will block the uvb from hitting your eyes.

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
I don't believe you will have a problem with the Reptisun hurting your eyes, unless of course you have very sensitive eyes. The Zilla bulbs are extremely hard on the eyes.
My son has one of our beardies in his room with a large glass tank and a Reptisun, it is right next to his bed. He has never had any issues with the light bothering him.
It is a good idea to never look directly into the uvb bulb, but being around it should not be bad.
I hope the Reptisun works out for you. I would hate to think you might have to return your beardie. :(
Good Luck!

Poshey22

Original Poster
see the think i got in the pet shop never had a reflector that directs down the uvb light into the viv here is a pic of what i was given!!!
viv11-1.jpg
this unit http://www.netpetshop.co.uk/p-21201-exo-terra-wire-light-holder-clamp-reptile-250w-large.aspx i was wondering when i got it why thw light was going all over the room and maybe not alot going down into viv plus the uvb reptisun coil bulb are ment to be bad news in general anyway i found out o nthis

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
Okay, now it is making perfect sense why it was bothering your eyes as well. Those particular wire type lamp fixtures are better used for a ceramic heat emitter. I understand why the light was all over your room :shock:
How are your eyes and your beardies eyes doing by the way?

Poshey22

Original Poster
still sore mine im on antibiotic eye drops and dragon is keeping his closed a bit so that was my prob so ya?? exposed uvb?? i have a reptiSUN Tube 15 watt 18 inch on odrer with a reflector to make the rays go into the viv that the rite thing to do ya??? the bulb i have are ment to be awful anyway like happy im getting the tube everyone is on about how good the reptisun tube is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brikev9799
Top Bottom