uvb bulbs

Status
Not open for further replies.

guel13b

I have 2 baby bearded dragons (hupo citrus dunner het trans amd hypo coral leatherback het trans females), i had to separete. I currently have a zoomed repti sun 10.0 13w mini compact flurecent uvb bulb. I just want to know if that bulb will be ok for about a week or 2 till i can get a screen lid a light fixture and repti sun 10.0 tube. Or should i get the tube asap. I had to separate cus the one was getting way too big for the other and she bit the smaller one on the face and tore in a little bit. Please let me know asap. Thanks in advance.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It's good that you separated them. They'll be happier in their own spaces. I don't think the ReptiSun CF will cause much problem if it's very short term but they don't have a very effective spread of light. I would replace it with a tube style light or a mercury vapor bulb sooner rather than later. If you go with the tube style light, I recommend using a T5 10.0 or 12% with a reflective fixture if you can. They're a bit pricier but they are much more powerful and effective. You'll want one that reaches at least 1/2 the length of your tank.

guel13b

Original Poster
Thanks for your response. Im going to get a tube just have to wait till i get the money in a week or 2. I was thinking of getying a t5 tube but the fixtures are really expensive. I can get a fixture from home depo its only 20 bucks but its wall mounted so itll be hard to mount in the tank on the glass. I just wanted to know if that bulb will be ok for a about a week or 2. Thanks again.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yeah, it should be fine I wouldn't worry about it too much. If it appears to be bothering their eyes (constant closing, watering, etc) just turn it off for a bit.

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
guel13b":1hobev5j said:
Thanks for your response. Im going to get a tube just have to wait till i get the money in a week or 2. I was thinking of getying a t5 tube but the fixtures are really expensive. I can get a fixture from home depo its only 20 bucks but its wall mounted so itll be hard to mount in the tank on the glass. I just wanted to know if that bulb will be ok for a about a week or 2. Thanks again.

It's well worth it ;)
And if it's a cost thing there are two things to consider.

Even if you buy a separate fixture (I have a sunblaster I like @$40) the T5 bulbs last 12 months. You save the $26 you would have spent on the next T8 UVB bulb ;)

Or (this is depending on your setup) if you buy the reptisun fixture (@$50), it comes with a 5.0. You can use that bulb at a closer distance until it's time to replace then get a 10.0.

Just a thought.

guel13b

Original Poster
The t5 bulbs last 12months? I might consider the t5 instead migjt switch all my beardies to t5. Thanks for the help and advice. Much appreciated.

Probe7899

I purchased mine from beardeddragon.co yes co not .com I purchased reptisun 10.0 and T5 fixture great price fast shipping I used the 3m command hooks from target or Walmart to attach fixture to inside of tank very easy.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
They are sticky backed hooks that can be placed on the side of the tank to hold a fixture up by the eyelits on the back.
tumblr_inline_mtm22zmtj41qdgotd.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiricowell
Top Bottom