UVA bulbs, normal vs reveal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evassss

Is there a difference between the normal incandescent bulbs?
Im using a 100 watt for a basking bulb and just wondered if the Reveal brand is better?

also those with large enclosures(ours is 4x24x24) how do you mount the UVB tube fixtures?

Israel

I've used the Reveal bulbs, all they do is give a whiter light, as opposed to the orange/yellowish light. The choice is really yours. However, I quit using them because I needed a higher wattage and went with a Exo Terra tight beam basking light.

For custom built enclosures, as mentioned, many use industrial strength (holds like 2-3lbs) velcro tape to mount it.

Israel is currently in a 40 gal. breeder, we're looking to pick up a a very large, old antique china cabinet soon and convert it into a huge home for him. For now, in his 40 gal., I mounted his UVB light by wiring it to the lid:

Israel by Dog Gone Awesome, on Flickr

Evassss

Original Poster
We ended up screwing the uvb fixture into the back wall around the upper middle.I need it to be at the least 8in. from the basking which is hard in a big cage.Ive used the 100watt reveal and its working great.I had to move his basking site back as it was 117 degrees.Now its 109.But poor little beardie is terrified and in hiding.I put newspaper over half the glass in the front so he cant see all the activity in the living room.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom