UV meters

Status
Not open for further replies.

irieone42

so does anyone use UV meters? i just got one and the same day i broke my 10.0 tube :( so i put this dumb UVB coil bulb in till my new tube comes in the mail in a few days. anyways so i put my new UV meter in the tank to take a reading and nothing showed up, just zero! not sure if a reading will come up with my tube but i hope. i use the meter outside and it works fine. so does anyone use a meter? this is a vid of the one i got on youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CIMEHGtTgA

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
Some of the less expencive meters aren't actually sensitive to the wavelengths we are interested in or are not sensitive enough for the relativly tiny output of the lights we use. Some of the realy cheap ones don't actually measure uvb at all. Solarmeter is the least expencive brand I know of thats recommended/reliable with reptile lighting.

It's also possible the bulb isn't putting of any uvb but if suspect the meter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dobby2012
Top Bottom