Uv lamp arrived!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarianaL87

Hatchling Member
It finally came! After almost a month wait its finally here. Everythings set up and running smoothly.

I guess i was just expecting Brians turn around to be a little more instantaneous...
When it was first turned on - a few min later he was catching a few crickets and eating much better...As of today, his apetite has almost gone back to his almost non existant state...I am hoping a few more days under the uv will take its best effect on him but...I dont know. His colors are the brightest ive ever seen, otherwise. Just like having him out in the sun. Everything looks absolutely as it should be - xcept his apetite.

Would anyone believe me if i told you he eats a maaaxxx number of crickets of 5-6 a day? I know every beardie can differ but...This is rediculous. He eats more salad than anything else.

Does anyone think that bathing their beardie in water mixed with power calcim supplements would be a good way of ensuring more vitamins gets get into them? I was considering trying this out.

Catalyst

BD.org Addict
I dont' know if it would be worth mixing the supplements in with the bath water - he'd have to drink a fair bit to get any noticeable amount of the supplements into him. You could try mixing them in with juice, baby food, or water and feeding it to him through a syringe.

MarianaL87

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Catalyst":d4af6 said:
I dont' know if it would be worth mixing the supplements in with the bath water - he'd have to drink a fair bit to get any noticeable amount of the supplements into him. You could try mixing them in with juice, baby food, or water and feeding it to him through a syringe.

Good idea with the baby food and syringe...But hes just got such a small looking mouth..I dont even know how i would open it. I dont want to hurt him or have him hate me for it. Im afraid he might even choke or something.

Ill let this go on for another week or so...Give his body a chance to really absorb the uv...If he doesnt show signs of improvement its off to the vet we go.
Ive been doing a little reading and apparently some lethargic behaviour and runny poop is a sign of parasites? Guess what, his poop looks pretty normal to me...Very occasionally it can appear wet and a slight run to it, but barley...Its rare. We'll see how it goes...

He must be about 3 mts old, and about 6 or so inches...He should be eating much much more.

sunkist

Sub-Adult Member
Keep in mind he hasn't really been eating (if I remember right) so it could just be his belly has shrunk down and he will slowly increase his food consumption. It's GREAT though that he's soo interested in his salads.

MarianaL87

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
sunkist":c6609 said:
Keep in mind he hasn't really been eating (if I remember right) so it could just be his belly has shrunk down and he will slowly increase his food consumption. It's GREAT though that he's soo interested in his salads.

I hope thats the case. Ive just finished squishing cricket guts out,mixing with a little water and powder supplement and smearing it over his snout. I got a few licks and a few actual bites of food. But very litte...I'll settle for any amount of nutrition at this point...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meljorogers
Top Bottom