using rocks and tree branches

Status
Not open for further replies.

talltail

hi all. i want to build a natural rock for basking and climbing, also branches for him to climb around on. since i'm a new bd owner i would like to know if this is ok. also is there any live plants i could use in lex's viv? thank you for any help any one can give!!
ewen and lex

Ethelia

Extreme Poster
Hi there,
Live plants are a no no. They will end up being eaten or pooped all over really.
I use all natural mats in my vivs too. I have bricks rocks and logs that Ive taken from woods.
All you need to do to sterilise things you bring in is to scrub them with a hotwater and vinegar mix.
The rinse and scrub with hot water until you cant smell the vinegar.
Pop them in the oven for 10-15 minutes at 200* and voila!

Remember though if you are bringing in logs you always want a smooth surface. Nothing that could splinter or cut your dragon.

Holly

Judah'sHuman

Juvie Member
Darn I was typing and just up and lost it all! I hate it when that happens!

I too went in search for my own "furniture". Can you belive how much they want for rocks and driftwood at the pet stores? $25 +for a rock! $35 for a big piece of driftwood! I could pass out! :shock:

I picked up some drift wood off the beach, and rocks, cleaned them, baked them and had them in the viv for about three months. Then with the dry heat and beardie wear & tear, they started to splinter, so I had to take them out and sand them down with a hand sander, so look out for that. I love the drift wood and rock set up but I feel like Judah needs more space he's so big now and sometimes gets stuck around the wood. A few times he has wedged himself in behind the two pieces of wood upside down he was all twisted up like a contortionist. I totally freaked out I thought he was dead one time when he got himself wedged back there. :shock: He was ok though, but I have to keep moving the pieces around so he cant climb back there. I would like to eventully build him a larger viv, but right now $ is tight. I am now building a back drop "Judah pueblo" out of foam and grout. check it! viewtopic.php?f=49&t=94708&hilit=
if your crafty it is such an awesome idea! And you cant make it look any way you want to suit your dragon.
I was going to build this long ago but forgot about it untill I replied to this post and figured out how to do it. AlL you need is building insulation foam, grout, craft or acrylic paint and some elmers outdoor wood glue to seal it. I already had this stuff laying around, but the foam is sorta pricey. Im almost finished I just have to seal and paint. I will post some pics when im finished. Im really excited about it, it will give him a ton more space. He has alread tried it out a bit, he was out wondering around my room and it was sittign on the floor. He desided to go right into the hut to try and sleep, im glade he's taken to it already. FYI make sure your beardie fits into the hide before you grout! :lol: He didnt fit very well and was sorta cresent moon shaped trying to hid in it. :lol: I had to take it apart and make it bigger, would have been easier to do it I hadnt grouted it yet.

CHEERS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulesD
Top Bottom