Uromastyx Breeders?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeardedAaliyah

Hatchling Member
I'm interested in a Uromastyx (as a future pet), and was wondering which breeders were the best and most decently priced. I live in Texas, so they must be willing to ship. I've never had a shipped animal, and I'm looking forward to a good experience. The breeder needs to have a excellent history with healthy animals. :D Thank you!

Gail

BD.org Addict
Deer Fern Farms, Doug is a great guy to work with and has fantastic animals.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Deerfernfarms would be a great place to buy from if you can.

If you can't, the next best option is fauna classifieds, unfortunately.
There are not very many well established breeders out there, and if deerfernfarms doesn't work out, you will easily be able to find one on fauna.

-Brandon

BeardedAaliyah

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
claudiusx":wq3go5e2 said:
Deerfernfarms would be a great place to buy from if you can.

If you can't, the next best option is fauna classifieds, unfortunately.
There are not very many well established breeders out there, and if deerfernfarms doesn't work out, you will easily be able to find one on fauna.

-Brandon

I'll be sure to look into it. Thanks! :)

FranktheTank

Gray-bearded Member
Hands down the best is Doug with Deer Fern Farms. I purchased my uro from him and plan on buying another in January. I've also heard of a breeder by the name of Lindsey Pike at Urotopia. A few people have said she's great to work with as well.

-Kaleen

BeardedAaliyah

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
FranktheTank":306xe573 said:
Hands down the best is Doug with Deer Fern Farms. I purchased my uro from him and plan on buying another in January. I've also heard of a breeder by the name of Lindsey Pike at Urotopia. A few people have said she's great to work with as well.

-Kaleen

Thanks! Will be sure to check it out! Do you know the average pricing of a Mali Uromastyx?

FranktheTank

Gray-bearded Member
I'm not totally positive, but from what I've seen Malis go for anywhere from $65-$95. Also from the information I've read, Malis are the best Uro for beginners and the most social of the uros because they're more likely to be captive bred. I have a Mali and he's awesome, such a little lovebug!

-Kaleen

BeardedAaliyah

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
FranktheTank":3fo7x305 said:
I'm not totally positive, but from what I've seen Malis go for anywhere from $65-$95. Also from the information I've read, Malis are the best Uro for beginners and the most social of the uros because they're more likely to be captive bred. I have a Mali and he's awesome, such a little lovebug!

-Kaleen
Sounds great! I also read the same about a Mali, which is why I considered them. :D They're adorable!

FranktheTank

Gray-bearded Member
Indeed they are :mrgreen: I was nervous to get a uro because I read a few posts and I kept coming across the words skittish, hiding all day, and don't like to be handled. Well I'm so glad I didn't let that deter me because my Mali is quite the opposite. He is fine with being held and he's not once been skittish, the only time he goes in his hide is to cool down or sleep. Usually when he sees me he comes right up to the front of the enclosure, he really is so sweet! Not to say there's something wrong with the other peoples uros, each breed has their own characteristics. Also buying from a pet shop or a private seller you don't know if the uro was wild caught or in captivity for a number of years. Ultimately captive born is the way to go especially for a beginner, in my honest opinion. I hope you get one, they're so much fun, and I hope you check out Deer Fern Farms.

-Kaleen

BeardedAaliyah

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
FranktheTank":3r7xm0lg said:
Indeed they are :mrgreen: I was nervous to get a uro because I read a few posts and I kept coming across the words skittish, hiding all day, and don't like to be handled. Well I'm so glad I didn't let that deter me because my Mali is quite the opposite. He is fine with being held and he's not once been skittish, the only time he goes in his hide is to cool down or sleep. Usually when he sees me he comes right up to the front of the enclosure, he really is so sweet! Not to say there's something wrong with the other peoples uros, each breed has their own characteristics. Also buying from a pet shop or a private seller you don't know if the uro was wild caught or in captivity for a number of years. Ultimately captive born is the way to go especially for a beginner, in my honest opinion. I hope you get one, they're so much fun, and I hope you check out Deer Fern Farms.

-Kaleen

I prefer CB, it is also less stressful on the animal. We're not getting one currently, because we decided to adopt a Ball Python that needed a home, but I will definitely consider a Mali Uro for our next pet, or look out for one in need of a home! Thanks! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom