urite question

Status
Not open for further replies.

mojo505

Hatchling Member
sometimes the amount of white poop is almost equal to the amount of green/brown poop. sometimes the urite is really hard, is that common?

facts: 5 months old
gets a 15 bath at least everyother day as well as soaks himself daily in his dish
eats protien 2xday and greens daily
cal/d3 morning dusting on crickets 5 days a week
vit dust 1 morning a week
heat bulb basking temp 105 (digital)
cooler area 85
UVB coil (1 month old)

1happymommy

Juvie Member
The urates seem to be okay to me. But I would ditch the Coil UVB. They are known to cause health problems to the dragon. I can't really explain it but I know many people on here have explained it. You can use a MVB which is heat & UVB all inone which is very nice or the Repti SUN 10 not Repti GLO florescent tube. Those two types are safer. Ordering online is way cheaper. A lot of us order from petmountain.com.

mojo505

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
thanks, he's about to go in a larger living space where he can have a MVB and the best of the best. he came home such a little guy but leaps and bounds he's out-growing his starter space. so i agree with the suggested change. i am taken back by how much he poops, how much urate there is sometimes and how fast he's growing. we are not into power feeding anything... especially our red tail boa who had a growth spurt last month too.

appreciate the feedback!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom