URGENT PLZ HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

erlabella

I just bought a new UV tube from exoterra. 36” long, 30W and 10.0 UVB. I just noticed that it has a very faint burning smell. I don’t know how to describe it but it smell very electrical?? Like someone is welding something? I’m afraid it will catch on fire or something so I turned it off. The tube I had before was a UVB tube from Trixie. Also 36” long, 30W and 12.0 UVB, but it didn’t smell. Should I discard it and get a new one or what? I’m sure this isn’t normal?

The smell comes from these:
95806-7134879334.jpg

Where the tube is plugged in and at the end of the tube.

95806-921846340.jpg

KeyBlu422

Juvie Member
While I don't have any experience with the exo terra one, I'd recommend getting rid of it. Paying $30-$40 would be a lot better than a house fire or your beardy facing harm.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I agree that it's not worth any risk and it might be a good excuse to upgrade to a T5 fixture and bulb which will provide better output anyway.

See if you can return it, it's not worth the risk. I use the exo-terra 10.0 tube and I've never smelt burning.

As a side note, I always keep a smoke detector on the roof of my enclosure. It's better to be safe then sorry when dealing with hot electrics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buddy- The Bearded Dragon
Top Bottom