urgent, please help. not sure what to do

Status
Not open for further replies.
me and my boyfriend bought our first bearded dragon babies a few days ago and tried housing him with our second one we bought, the first dragon we bought(spike) didnt like the littler dragon(talon) in there and after we removed talon we noticed that 2 of his claws were missing and determined that spike and him had gotten in a fight and that was the result. it is now 4 days later and i'm worried about talon, he is eating just fine but when we pick him up and try to move him around, he just basically falls, he wont crawl and i noticed he had some trouble moving around in his cage, like he couldnt get his feet to move right.only the left side of his body is really breathing and he also wont keep his eyes open, they stay closed most the time. he is not active like he was yesterday and i'm just trying to figure out whats wrong. the very tip of his tail i also black. we were using a reptiglo 10.0 and after reading some articles on here im not swure what to do, its a coil, would it be better than nothing, or should we remove it? is this something i need to do something immediately or what? any help is appreciated. :[
Sarah

SearBear56837spike

Original Poster
i know more info is probably needed so i'll fill this out to. any help anyone can offer is greatly appreciated

How old is your dragon? not sure.
How long have you had your dragon? 2 days
How long is your dragon? 2.5 -3 inches not including tail.
What is the sex of your dragon? not sure
What size enclosure do you have your dragon in? 20 gallon
What type substrate do you have on the bottom of your tank? tile with newspaper underneath
Do you use UVB lights? yes
If so, Is it a coil, compact, fluorescent tube, or Mercury Vapor bulb? Coil
What is the brand name and number of your bulb? reptiglo 10.0
How old is your UVB bulb?brand new
How close can your dragon get to the UVB? 1 foot
Do you use a separate basking bulb? What kind and what is the wattage? yes 75W Sunglo
What are the basking temps? 96. f
What is the cool side temp? 77-79.f
Do you take the temps with a stick on thermometer, a digital thermometer with a wire and a probe end or a temp gun? analog
Where exactly are you taking your basking temps? same spot as he sits
Do you use a heat rock or heat pad? No
What do you feed your dragon? small crickets from petsmart. (have salad getting ready to put in, papaya, mango, mustard greens, green bell pepper, apple)
How often do you feed and what time do you feed (morning, afternoon, night)? times vary, once to twice a day( 10+)
Do you gutload (feed) your crickets, worms, etc? whatever petsmart does to small crickets
Do you use vitamin or calcium supplements? What brand(s)? How many days a week do you use each of them? flunkers calcium powder, put it on every time we feed him crickets
Is your dragon having regular bowel movements (poops)? havent had one since we've had him
Do you bath your dragon? How often? once a day
Do you mist your dragon or offer water other than in the bath? both
Does your dragon share an enclosure with another dragon? not anymore
Have you gotten a vet check and fecal done? no

mpinsky

Hatchling Member
The coil is probably what is causing that. For one thing, the ReptiGlo is a horrible UVB bulb, especially the coil. You need the ReptiSUN 10.0 TUBE. You can get it relatively cheap from petmountain.com. Your basking temps also need to be higher. Most babies like their basking spots in the upper 100's. You can achieve this with a regular household bulb. You are going to have to feed him more live feeders too. The little babies eat like pigs, easily eating up to eating 50 feeders a DAY. As many as he can eat in 10-15 minutes. As for not passing a stool, do you feel anything hard in his stomach. If so, he could be impacted. Give him a drop of canned pumpkin on top of his nose the next time you bathe him. Usually works like a charm after a few hours.

Also, as you have already found out, beardies do not like being housed together. Especially if the other dragon is older, the older one can actually wind up EATING the baby.

Delshara

Hatchling Member
You can also save A LOT of money by buying crickets online instead of Petsmart. I've found also that online bought crickets are much healthier and live longer if you take care of them well. Petsmart charges 10 cents per cricket, but online averages about 2 - 3 cents - a good tip in this economy :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FalkorBeardie :3
Top Bottom