URGENT!!! NEED HELP QUICK!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My beardy has an infection in his foot and he's on anti biotics right now! But I noticed his toe on the infected foot was pointing straight up and his foot was swollen and half black! I kept close on his toe and soon the whole entire toe was HANGING! I applied nerosporin and bathed him since I had no betadine! WHAT SHOULD I DO? I don't know if the vets can fixed this and I don't want to pay around 100 dollars just to hear the same news! Since he is tiny there's no major blood loss but I don't think he can feel the toe anymore. It's literly not connected to the foot. Only some skin on the bottem is holding them both together! please respond! Junior means the world to me! :cry:

LJean

Extreme Poster
I really don't know what to say! Keeping it clean and hanging on until someone here has a solution for you. Hoping all the best!

I do know many beardies lose toes etc and do well. Hope that helps at least a tiny bit.

ashleym

Hatchling Member
If it's already hanging then he's going to loose it, not a big deal. Just make sure that you keep the area clean and keep a watch to make sure the infection doesn't spread. Also, make sure to stay on the antibiotics for the full dose. Pick up some Betadine tomorrow.

RoxasnRiku

Original Poster
Thanks...well my mom called the vet and the vet said he will eventually lose a toe during an infection, but im only 13 and i cant get betadine because my mom doesn't exactly have spare time on her right now!

ArdorAndZeal1

Hatchling Member
DONT do this until its cleared --

But. I know hydrogren pyroxide with the right dilution has been used on human infections.... Thoughts?

--

KEEP BEING A GREAT LOVING HANDLER! and PM if I can be of any help at all!

Good luck!

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Never use hydrogen peroxide on a beardie EVEN if it is diluted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom