URGENT HELP NEEDED. 20 unexpected eggs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anglwngss

Hatchling Member
I have no idea what to do next. I don't have an incubator, I never knew she was pregnant, so. What do I need to do? Do I just give up and freeze them? I'd like to attempt to keep them alive. Is it impossible at this point?

Anglwngss

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
PA250041.jpg

PA250042.jpg

EmJagsz

Juvie Member
If they are still able to be incubated, you should think about if you're able to care for 20 babies if you haven't already. That's a lot of mouths to feed! :shock: Don't mean to discourage you though, just some food for thought.... :)

Anglwngss

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks. We've been discussing this all morning. Financially, I can do it. I don't plan to keep them all, of course. If they live they will be given away, a few months from now.

Got any ideas on the next step?

EmJagsz

Juvie Member
If you want give it a try at hatching the eggs, seeing that there is a possibility they may be fertile, I would carefully pick the eggs out and set them up in an incubator. I have no clue how to properly incubate beardie eggs so you may have to do a search on the forum or someone may hand some good advice here. I would also pay close attention to how the eggs look, if they look like healthy fertilized eggs or if they look like duds. No point wasting time incubating eggs that won't hatch! ;) Good luck, and let us know how it goes!

spyder79

Extreme Poster
have you put them in a make shift incubator of some type? if not the eggs are more than likely dead at this point due to dehydration.

Anglwngss

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
yes, it is definately a make shift of some sort incubator. i didn't have any vermiculite on hand, so i moistened sand, made impressions and gently laid the eggs down. I put a glass of water along the side of the plastic box they are in. The tops of the eggs are still seen. i put a heat lamp on the top of the box, but didn't put a lid on it. i can't get heat in it with a cover on. i am getting the vermiculite tonight. i have not sprayed or turned the eggs. i have taken the temp with a digital temperature handheld device.. (sorry the correct word escapes me at the moment..) and it's 83 degrees.

CrystalReptile

Hatchling Member
83 deggres is good, i hatched 12 fence lizard eggs with vermiculite (sorry about spelling :lol: ) In my make-shift incubator. Every single one of them hatched!!! :D yay! (i let them back into the wild, i caught the female laying eggs, and took half of them, and they are now running free) So, if the eggs look healthy and not caved in and dry, they should be good. A very importaint thing it to keep the humity up....good luck :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rootie
Top Bottom