urgent help elderly beardy breathing problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Suzanne,

The pictures are just lovely, Razi looks wonderful! His tongue is nice & pink, too. :D
He is very photogenic, but I am sure he knows how handsome he is. LOL
I hope he is doing well today. Thanks for the great pictures!

Tracie

libran1962

Original Poster
thank you tracie,he has a lovely placid nature.hes got an overbite but it just gives his face mire character.i dont normally have in on my head by the way but he loves sitting on slexs head and alex plonked him on mine for the photo!
il keep u informed
love s xxx

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Suzanne,

OH he barely has an overbite though, he is beautiful anyway! I am just happy he is doing so well despite all of his issues. It is hard to believe what a good nature he has even with all of the poking & prodding all of the time! LOL
Yes, that was very cute with Alex laying on Razi for the picture. :D

Talk soon.

Tracie

libran1962

Original Poster
dear tracie
hope you are well.just a little update on razie and turtles.razie is doing well, plodding on despite his problems.hes really tame at drinking in the bath for me,which is important for his meds.
the turtles are a mixed bag, both on injections for pseudomonas(one turtles shell is really quite bad, shes on her 2 nd course of same specific antibiotics) the other had resp inf plus less severe shell problems) the one with major shell issues stopped basking a while ago and its really important to dry shell out.alex is trying to dry dock her as much as poss but she hates it and stress is bad for them.hes even bought a new bigger tank and extra pump and filer us hes giving them cuttlefish and calcium supplements.just hope treatment starts to work soon.they are bith eating loads again now after not eating at all.
anyway knew youd appreciate the update
kind wishes
suzanne xxx

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Suzanne,

Great, thanks for the update.
I am happy to hear that Razi is hanging in there. It sounds like he is happy & doing well, all things considered. At least he is so tolerant of his fluids & meds. Does he eat much on his own?
Glad to hear your turtles are eating now. It seems like they are getting healthy now, too.
They have made a lot of progress up to now! Are they doing ok on the antibiotics then? How much longer do they have on them?
I hope the shell issues have stopped, too.
Keep us posted on your gang. :D

Tracie

libran1962

Original Poster
hi tracie,just to say that razi and co are steady, he still on painkillers and antibiotics every two days but will be for life.we have to feed him too but he enjoys it and despite being ill for 3 and half yrs is doing remarkably well.the vet cant believe he is still here.we got a new puppy finlay about 6 weeks ago called finlay,hes a coton de tulear and a real sweetheart.hard work whilst they are little but worth it.id post a pic but cant see how to!
anyway hope all is well for you, its been a very poor summer in england, the worst iv ever known in 52 yrs
love suzanne xx

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Suzanne,

So sorry your summer was so awful, it was just too cold then with not much sun?
The weather is strange everywhere now it seems.
I am happy to hear Razi is doing well & holding his own. It is amazing that he has held on this long with that type of infection. I wonder why the infection wont clear up?
I am sure he is utterly spoiled with the hand feeding, too.

You can go to this link to post pics:
https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/#new

I am sure Finlay is a happy dog! Puppies are a lot of work that is for sure. He will grow up fast though. I hope you have fun with the new family addition!

Tracie

libran1962

Original Poster
dear tracie
just to let you know that razi passed away today.he had a debridement of his jaw a week ago and the infection was so bad it had eaten into his jaw.it was last chance for him but his system just couldnt cope with it.he was suffering and he isnt now.our vet couldnt believe 3 and half yrs ago that he was still around, he must have had a heart as big as a lion.we are heartbroken but he gave us so many years of pleasure and companionship and we have been very blessed.its his time for peace now.i know you have always been so kind about him and helping with advice, i thought you would like to know, kindest wishes and love from razi xxxx

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Suzanne,

Oh I am so sorry about little Razi! :cry: He sure had a heart of gold & stayed around so long just so he could be with you. He is still with you just in a different form.
That is so sad the infection had traveled in that way & to that extent. How old was he when he passed?
At least you were there with him & he wasn't alone, he knew you loved him & that is why he stayed so long. If you need anything at all, we are here for you.
I am sorry for your loss of your best friend.

Tracie

libran1962

Original Poster
hi tracie
razi was 8 yrs and 3 months.we buried him yesterday in a little box with his little teddy and blankets beside where onyx,the little lady dragon who we bought him with.(we lost her 3 yrs ago with ovarian cancer)
they both brought us so much pleasure.we cant believe he is gone, he is a big miss.
thank you so much for your kindness and advice
it will never be forgotten, dont be a stranger
kindest wishes
suzanne and alex xxx

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Suzanne,

I know, you will miss him for a long time. They make such a huge imprint in our hearts that the memories never go away. :cry:
He did have a great life, with you though. Razi is with Onyx now & they are chasing bugs & eating dandelions together. I remember you mentioning her awhile back.
If you need anything at all, just let us know.

Tracie

libran1962":3exob152 said:
dear tracie
just to let you know that razi passed away today.he had a debridement of his jaw a week ago and the infection was so bad it had eaten into his jaw.it was last chance for him but his system just couldnt cope with it.he was suffering and he isnt now.our vet couldnt believe 3 and half yrs ago that he was still around, he must have had a heart as big as a lion.we are heartbroken but he gave us so many years of pleasure and companionship and we have been very blessed.its his time for peace now.i know you have always been so kind about him and helping with advice, i thought you would like to know, kindest wishes and love from razi xxxx

Aww. He is not suffering anymore. He will definitely be missed. ;(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom