urgent help elderly beardy breathing problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

libran1962

Original Poster
hi tracie
thanku for your good wishes, honeymoon was wonderful but i was ill the last 3 days, been to doctors today and have chest infection and sinusitis... antibiotics will hopefully help.
both alex and i feed razi, me lunchtime and if its alex its wen he finishes work.know its important that he basks to digest food, the little fella does get up to bask most days. i pop him up if he doesnt.hes no bother, so laid back and we think the world of him.he has been quiet again today but hopefully he is settling back in at home. will keep you informed
kindest wishes
suzanne xx

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Suzanne,

I hope you get to feeling better soon then! Get plenty of rest.
That is great you have feeding shifts for Razi. It sounds like he is getting adjusted to being back home.
At least he is basking pretty well most of the time then to digest his food.
You can post more pictures of him when you get a chance also.
He is quite a trooper & has been through a lot! He has lots of reasons to stick around for awhile, to be with you.

I hope he continues improving.

Tracie

libran1962

Original Poster
hello tracie
just a little update on razi.he is steady away, alex has to open his mouth and feed him manually but apart from that he is happy enough having daily baths, basking and cuddles from us.on painkillers every other day and antibiotics for life.he loves snuggling into his fleecy blankets and teddy on a nite and wont get up in the mornings lol... dont blame him its dark and freezing cold in england!
hope all is well
kindest wishes
suzanne xx

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Suzanne,

Great to hear from you, Happy holidays. :D
I am happy that little Raz is doing so well right now, even if he does need help with eating! I have to say that he has spectacular spirit, that is awesome!
Did you ever try the colloidal silver for him to see if that helped out for his mouth?
At least he loves his fleece blankie. He sure is a special little dragon. I know, getting up in the mornings when it's cold is no good. LOL He is smart.

Talk to you soon.
Tracie

libran1962

Original Poster
hi tracie
happy new year in texas, iv been trying for a while to post but the website kept saying offline.
razi is plodding along.alex taught me how to hold him securely with one hand and open his mouth whilst putting food in with the other...it helps when alex is away as i can do it.i wish he would eat of his own accord but he enjoys the food once its in his mouth.he gets a bath each day, lots of cuddles and of course his soft comfy blankets at bedtime, which at the moment is about 5.30 bless.he loves to get right up under my chin and go to sleep.he really is no bother and has a lovely nature, he must miss onyx his lady dragon,who we lost 2 years ago with an ovarian tumour, theyd always been together since they were born.we bought them as a pair when they were 23 months, that was five and a half years ago.
take care
suzanne xxx

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Suzanne,

Happy New Years to you also! :D
That is great Razi is doing well & still taking his food for you also.
Does he eat any insects or greens on his own or not?
It sounds like he really enjoys being held & sleeping on you. What color is his little blankie?
Oh I remember you had mentioned he had a female tank mate, it has already been over 2 years ago that you lost her? Time goes too fast.

Glad to hear you are doing well & Razi is happy, too.

Tracie

libran1962

Original Poster
hi tracie
razi doesnt eat on his own anymore bless but he really enjoys it when he gets his food.his bed consists of 3 fleecy baby face flannels which are supersoft and just his size.theres 3 ,white, yellow and blue.i lay one down on the tiled viv floor, then another gets folded and put on top of his little teddy which i put in because he rests his mouth on it as his mouth has been so poorly for 3 years, then he gets covered up with the last one.he looks so cozy when hes tucked in and its nice that he can be comfy despite his problems.he is certainly much loved!
take care and keep in touch. its nice to know that someone cares about a little dragon from so far awau
kindest wishes
suzanne xxx

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Suzanne,

Well, bless him, poor guy! At least Razi sleeps comfortably & has several little blankies to sleep on. He is definitely loved, such a sweet little one.
I am so glad that he has such a wonderful mom to care for him. Please keep us abreast of how he is doing. I love hearing about him. :D

Tracie

libran1962

Original Poster
hi tracie
i private messaged you, hope it went through as its my first attempt lol.
kind regards
sizanne xx

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Suzanne,

Yes, I did get your PM, thanks. It went through. :D
I am glad that Razi is doing so well now & is happy & active, too.
I hope the weather is great out your way.

Talk soon.
Tracie

libran1962

Original Poster
hi tracie, thanks for the well wishes for razi, he really is a little trooper.herbie( the poorly turtle) and humphrey have uv light and brilliant pumps etc.herbie years ago had a very bad respiratory infection which was treated but shes always swam lopsided and her shell is more depressed on one side.the vet seems to think its a genetic thing.shes been really healthy since then until now.i actually managed to get her to eat some salad yesterday but she refused her food last night.mostly she seems very lethargic but at times she seems quite"frantic".shes separated from the male but they did manage to meet up about two and a half months ago by escaping lol.we have wondered about eggs, fertilised or not, re calcium i think this is something that needs improving on, alex has fed them
on the same complete food plus salad since he got them but they discontinued it a month ago so he got his last batch from a rescue centre. i wonder if that may be an issue too.
thank you for your help, i notice that the photo facility on the site looks easier so il send some photos soon, kindest wishes
suzanne xx

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Suzanne,

Razi sure is a little trooper! :D He has fighting spirit that is absolute.
It sounds like humphrey could possibly have some calcium issues. Does she have a UVB light?
Sometimes it takes time for calcium issues to manifest physical deformities. How often does
she get calcium?
It is possible that she could have some eggs. An x-ray would help determine that also.

Keep us posted on Razi.

Tracie

libran1962

Original Poster
dear tracie
hope you are well.just to let you know that razi is ok, he has had to go back on antibiotic injections as his mouth got worse again and he went a bit flat.fortunately our lovely vet andy has managed to source the fortnum injections after a year of trying just in the nick of time for razi.hes half way through the six and is a little better.we have lost count how many times he has been to the vets in the past 3 years, he knows his own way there lol.the poorly turtle is now tip top again and the pair of turtles are having the complete food in small amounts only, supplemented by greens and prawns.... and sometimes king prawns.even i dont get king prawns lol!anyway razi is due back at vets in 2 weeks time.the funny thing is that the vets have changed his name to my new married name by accident so hes under razor illingworth.... he sounds like a film star from pulp fiction or something!they are changing it back again to burkill thank goodness
kindest wishes
suzanne xxx

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Suzanne,

That is pretty funny the vet changed Razi's name like that! LOL So they are going to change it back?
I am glad to hear he is improving with the Fortum/fortaz, it is a good broad spectrum antibiotic so it should help out a lot! I am happy your vet, Andy is so good with him, too. That is hard to find.
Your turtle & the pair of turtles are all doing better now? That is great news.
It sounds like everything is going great right now. Give Razi a hug for me. :D

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
camila
Top Bottom