URATES

Status
Not open for further replies.

whopper

okay so i read somewhere on here that urates are the white part of the poo and i also read somewhere that they should be wet/liquid like? i would just like to know as my babies urates are the same texture/moisture as his brown poo, wich is slick, moist and looks slippery but is still a solid log. im not worried im just curious as to what this white poo should look like.

Embee

Gray-bearded Member
The urates (or pee), as you described, sound just fine. :)

Well formed is fine so long as they are not chalky or hard (a sign of dehydration).

Hope this helps!

Em

herpfreak

Gray-bearded Member
Sounds good. Urates/stools that are too loose can mean anything from parasites to dealing with a new veggie. Hard urates, as Em said, mean dehydration.

Buggsy

Gray-bearded Member
Hi guys, dont mean to hijack, but Gizmos poop is well formed, but she also passes ALOT of water! ddoes this just mean she is very hydrated or should i be worried? A feacal came back neg a few weeks ago.

Cheers, and sorry again for the hijack!! :p

herpfreak

Gray-bearded Member
Have you changed Gizmo's diet recently? Sometimes a new type of food that a beardie isn't used to can cause loose stools. I wouldn't worry about it if I were you. Maybe he's super-hydrated.

Embee

Gray-bearded Member
Buggsy":b7d3c said:
Hi guys, dont mean to hijack, but Gizmos poop is well formed, but she also passes ALOT of water! ddoes this just mean she is very hydrated or should i be worried? A feacal came back neg a few weeks ago.

Cheers, and sorry again for the hijack!! :p

I agree with HerpFreak, you've got a well-hydrated dragon there. Our dragon passes her poops with a lot of water as well, and no worries so far. :D

The best,
Em

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tangel256
Top Bottom