Urate without poo?...educate me please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragonlover3

Sub-Adult Member
Hi,
This is probably a nutty question but here goes. Is it ok/normal for a beardie to pass only a small urate without poo? Is her extra daily urate OK or a sign of a brewing problem?
For the past 3 days my girl Zhaan has had her regular poo with urate in the morning bath as usual, then in the late morning to early afternoon she's been passing just a tiny soft urate with a few drops of fluid. She has never done that before....none of my beardies have ever done that before.
She did have 2 pretty firm urates almost 2 weeks ago so I gave her an extra bath both of those days and persuaded her to drink a bit more than usual, well insisted really, I syringe fed her some extra water. Since then her urates have been fine. {yes, I fish the urate out of the bath water to check for hardness every day on all 4 of my beardies.} The urates are fine now too, soft and holding their form but she's having that extra tiny one daily?

Nothing has changed. Tank set up the same, all 3 area temps perfect, UVB is Reptisun10.0 tube. Her diet hasn't changed and she's had nothing new. For the past 3 days her diet has been baby collard leaves, the light green ones, her fav, mixed with mustard greens or turnip greens and shredded butternut squash. I float all my beardies salads for the extra hydration. All of this is routine that she has had before with no problem. No fruit, ever. I don't feed any of my beardies any fruit at all. For live food, she's had small to med supers, med. dubia roaches and about 10-15 wax worms as treats thru out the past 4 or 5 days. She's about a 5 or 6 month old juvie so I still let her eat her lively food till she full and quits eating them twice a day.

She's acting fine. No change in her behavior. With the temps being in the mid to high 70's for the past 4 days here in New York we've been able to take our beardies out to get some sun. She appears to enjoy being outside, no stress at all from her.

HELP!....Is this normal/OK?
Amanda

dragonlover3

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
OK silverado991,
Thanks! It hasn't happened again after those 3 days so that resolved itself. Apparently it's bounced back the other way. She didn't poo for 2 days. I gave her an extra bath both days she didn't go. When she finally did she strained a bit, her urate was quite large and very hard like a piece of chalk. I wondered if it had plugged her from passing her poo for 2 days. The following day, yesterday, the urate was white but entirely encapsulated in a tan-ish mucus and it was grainy, feeling like something in it. Today her urate was fine, snow white, held it's form but soft.
None of my other 3 have had a hydration/urate problem like this and I don't do anything different with her, that's what concerns me.
If she has any more problems with her urate I'm taking her to her vet.
Thanks again for your response!
Amanda

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiricowell
Top Bottom