Urate Length (may be a bit disgusting lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashesc212

Sub-Adult Member
Question - is it normal for a beardie to have 3-4" long urates in their poop? It seems like my beardie holds it all in all week long, lets it build up until it's long and hard :puke: and then poops it out that way once a week. The poop portion is normal though. Sorry if this is gross lol. :oops:

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
If the urate was hard and long, it sounds like he was somewhat dehydrated. The urates should be white and soft, never yellowish, hard like rubber or like chalk. How often do you bathe him?

ashesc212

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Hi, she actually has a bath every other day at least for 25 minutes and I give her water with an eye dropper. Also, she has a water dish (which, she doesn't seem to drink out of). She hasn't been pooping regularly lately. She was just treated with the first week of Panacur. Also, I am giving her Acidophilus +

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It could be that the antibiotic dried her out which they are known to do. Is she still on the Panacur?

ashesc212

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
diamc":477da said:
It could be that the antibiotic dried her out which they are known to do. Is she still on the Panacur?

Well she's not on it right now. She has another week of waiting. Thereafter, she will have another week of treatment.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I would suggest bathing her once a day to help prevent the urates from being hard and see how that goes. Also giving her diluted Pedialyte (4 parts water to 1 part Pedialtyte by medicine dropper should help too. How old is she and how often are you using calcium?

ashesc212

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
diamc":e213c said:
I would suggest bathing her once a day to help prevent the urates from being hard and see how that goes. Also giving her diluted Pedialyte (4 parts water to 1 part Pedialtyte by medicine dropper should help too. How old is she and how often are you using calcium?

She is 8 months old and gets calcium 5 times per week and multivite 2 x per week. I'll try to start her on the pedialyte tonight because I have some in the house for her anyway.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It depends on how much you want to make. For example, if you want a cup of liquid, use 3/4 cup of water and 1/4 cup of Pedialyte. I should have actually said 3 to 4 parts water to 1 part Pedialyte. I don't actually measure, I just use my own judgment as I have done it so much so the measurements don't have to be exact but you want more water than Pedialyte. Hope that helps.

ashesc212

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
diamc":3b288 said:
It depends on how much you want to make. For example, if you want a cup of liquid, use 3/4 cup of water and 1/4 cup of Pedialyte. I should have actually said 3 to 4 parts water to 1 part Pedialyte. I don't actually measure, I just use my own judgment as I have done it so much so the measurements don't have to be exact but you want more water than Pedialyte. Hope that helps.

I have been giving her the mixture every day now since I posted that I would and she still has her bath time. She just doesn't want to poop and she's not eating much.

ashesc212

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Update: We found a poop/urate in her cage a few days back but it was dried up already. I think we missed it and it had been from a day prior. She hid it on us lol. Anyway, she hasn't pooped since so still no telling if she's hydrated enough yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom